Author Topic: Saturday Drive  (Read 996 times)

Howdy

• Spin the big ring
  • Jackass III
  • 2nd best friend
Saturday Drive
« on: September 17, 2005, 07:58:58 PM »
Howdy,
 I took my kids for a drive in the back country of the Uintah mountains today, we saw 20+ Elk (no bulls) 2 deer, 4 turkeys and various birds of prey along with the usual chipmonks,and various other vermin. It is fall in the back country so two species of trees are changing. So mixed in with the pines are areas of bright yellow and bright red. Living here in SLC with a 4 wheel drive I can be in the back country in less than an hour. Robin has my camera down at Lake Powell this weekend so I didn't get any pics this trip.

M.R.
When you think they're sending obvious signals, then, you're obviously misleading yourself.
Microbe
3,996 (218:59:49 hours) miles of my 7,000 mile goal this year

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Saturday Drive
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:39:31 PM »
sounds like u guys had a blast :)
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

salvelinus

• Founders
Saturday Drive
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 01:52:50 AM »
Living here in Petoskey I can be in the backcountry in 15 minutes, but no mountains. Hills, lakes, rivers & a bay though. Can't believe the places they're trying to build subdivisions. 14 miles out of town, 1.5 mile up a gravel road, this in an area that a couple years ago got 8 feet of snow Christmas week.
The hills are why I don't bike more. Used to bike 40+ miles/day in Lansing, but that's pretty flat.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Howdy

• Spin the big ring
  • Jackass III
  • 2nd best friend
Saturday Drive
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 11:06:56 AM »
Howdy,
 Most of the places we went were National Forest, so, for now, there isn't any development. I did notice a lot of building right around the Forest boundries.

M.R.
When you think they're sending obvious signals, then, you're obviously misleading yourself.
Microbe
3,996 (218:59:49 hours) miles of my 7,000 mile goal this year