Author Topic: If I had a mountain to climb...  (Read 4978 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
If I had a mountain to climb...
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 07:43:44 PM »
well, yesterday at the house warming party I walked in on two girls making out. They were not very attractive but still nice to look at :p esspecially because I knwo both of them since high school and I would never suspect anything of the sort...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 02:10:02 AM »
every girl is two drinks away from a girl on girl experience

they just do it for attention...trust me
i have a stationary fetish

misplaced

• 67% Incredible
  • Jackass I
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 04:18:46 AM »
Quote from: Farticus Senior
every girl is two drinks away from a girl on girl experience

they just do it for attention...trust me

agreed
If only I had a dime everytime I heard the words, "I sincerely don't think wedging a kitten in there is going to fix my hard drive"

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 08:52:45 AM »
Getting a bit more on-topic here...this girl is really keen on me, and to be honest I think it's all a bit much too soon.  We had an amazing first date, have met a few times since and had a date last night & spent last night together.  It was fantastic, and she really is one wonderful and sexy girl.  But at the same time I still feel a strong bond to Cathy, the girl I had the on/off thing with not too long ago.    She actually works with me in the same office and we've been finding it tough going for the past few weeks.  Today we spoke about a few things and I realised just how much I love her.  And I don't mean that in a romantic way so much as I do in a friendship way.  I would move heaven and earth to see her be happy because she has really had a tough time of it and she is a beautiful person.  But we both know that we can't have any kind of relationship other than friendship at the moment.  And that really, really hurts.  And I know it hurts her as much as it hurts me because she told me today.  

This girl I've met is everything I wish she could have been, but I just don't feel that bond with her.  And to be honest, I don't think I will.  She seems to want to have more than just a casual relationship; she wants something long-term.  Now I'm sure that I could do a lot worse, but I know that she could do a lot better.  I just don't feel head over heels in love with her and I feel a bit guilty about it because she's falling for me a bit too hard.  

It's never just fucking simple with women is it!

I am going to see where things will go, but am going to tell her honestly that I need to slow things down with us for a while.  If she can accept that than it's going to be good to get to know her better, because she truly is an amazing girl.  But if she can't and still wants it all or all nothing at all then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and tell her that it's got to end because I just can't be that guy and I can't hurt her by dragging it out any longer.  

I'm not so much seeking understanding here as I am trying to clear matters up in my own mind for my own peace of mind.  Sorry for rambling on a bit, I've had a few pints tonight.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 09:11:19 AM »
I hope it works out... I've been there and done that and the girl that wasn't so sure about how it would work out because of a variety of things ended up being my wife.  I fell head over heels for her.  The thing was, I was dating another girl when I was getting to know my wife and I could have had either one.  The other girl from around home would have been the "convenient" choice and she was crazy about me.

I really liked both of them and probably could be happy in most respects with both, but in the end, I went for the girl that really "fit" me the best.  She was also the one that wanted to take it a little slower relationship-wise.

It was more than a headache and quite a pain to tell the other girl it was over after having a pretty good summer with her, but it just wasn't "there" with her.  I never could have loved her like I love my wife.  It's just different, and I think you're seeing that as well.

I can only say good luck and hope that things work out for you.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 09:16:30 AM »
>>It's just different, and I think you're seeing that as well.<<

Totally.  And I know I probably sound like a twat for saying so after only such a short time with her - I mean, we're not a even a couple yet! But having felt something much stronger so recently, it's like "Well I know that it's just not there" as fucking awful and picky as that sounds.  I mean, I could be very content with her...but I know she's feeling a lot more than I feel and I feel like a right prick for not feeling the same way as stupid as that sounds.  I guess only time's gonna tell..

>>I can only say good luck and hope that things work out for you.<<

Thanks man :)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
I went through the same feelings.  I felt like an asshole because this other girl was so crazy about me... and things WERE really good (we got along great, she was fun, etc), but I just never connected with her.  Hell, I connected better with my wife over IM than I did when I was with this girl.  That was how bad it was.

The other girl was just someone that was fun to be around.  My wife is someone I can "be with".

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 09:31:27 AM »
someone needs a cyber-hug (and prolly a cyber grope b/c that just the way i am!).

keep in mind - things you search for you can rarely find.  its when you're not looking for them that they keep popping up.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 09:35:34 AM »
You know, I'd like to eventually meet a lot of the people here, but I'm pretty scared of ever meeting DK.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 09:38:33 AM »
>>someone needs a cyber-hug (and prolly a cyber grope b/c that just the way i am!).<<

:rofl: you dirty bugger ;)

>>keep in mind - things you search for you can rarely find. its when you're not looking for them that they keep popping up.<<

Indeed.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 09:48:12 AM »
Quote from: Govtcheez
You know, I'd like to eventually meet a lot of the people here, but I'm pretty scared of ever meeting DK.

Afraid he's going to grab you in inappropriate places?  

Me too  :eek:

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 09:53:38 AM »
>>You know, I'd like to eventually meet a lot of the people here, but I'm pretty scared of ever meeting DK.<<

and

>>Afraid he's going to grab you in inappropriate places?

Me too <<

both of you are soooooooooo gonna be stalked now!
:devil:
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 02:53:53 PM »
Quote from: ober
Afraid he's going to grab you in inappropriate places?  

like the backseat of a volkswagen?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 03:04:57 PM »
Exactly.

groovitude

• some hip cat
  • Founders
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 03:59:24 PM »
... Could they both fit in the backseat of a Volkswagen?  I've heard stories of people who had to rip the front seat out of a Volkswagen so they could drive it sitting in the backseat.  Somehow I don't think you could fit two people back there.
A sophism of madness...