Author Topic: Edge of Darkness  (Read 1329 times)

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
Edge of Darkness
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:40:30 AM »
The remake. The original.

I'm in two minds about this remake and am therefore undecided about watching it. The original bbc tv series was a masterpiece and, although many of the themes of that original are still as relevant today, I have serious doubts about a Hollywood movie capturing the 'darkness' of the original. The original was full of subtlety and very little violence: it was almost entirely psychological while the remake seems, from the reviews I've seen, to retain some of that psychological 'edge' but have injected more visceral violence than the story warrants.

Anyone else thinking about seeing this? Or seen the original(which I'd recommend if you've a spare few hours)?
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Edge of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 10:17:27 AM »
Fitlike!!!!!!!

I've never seen the original, but I think this should be a good one. I'll def see it once it comes out on DVD. From what I know about the plot I think that Gibson was cast pretty damn well for this role. I don't know if there is another actor out there that fits in...I just hope he can still act :p

How have you been buddy?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:54:20 PM »
>How have you been buddy?

Better.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
>How have you been buddy?

Better.

that is good my friend! I was expecting a less vague reply though!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.