Author Topic: Time for me to say goodbye  (Read 3233 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Time for me to say goodbye
« on: December 04, 2020, 08:22:43 AM »
I am saddened to say that it is time for me to leave this place.  I'm going to miss our little community but it is apparent that our values are no longer aligned.

If you ever have need of me feel free to send a message and it'll email me.

Take care and carry my best wishes for a good life.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Time for me to say goodbye
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 12:08:48 PM »
Mike, I wanted to send you a pm, but you blocked me - too bad. Maybe you will see it here

Hey Mike,

how about we call it truce for the sake of the community and history we have - this place is a pretty large part of our digital life. I think for a while, at least, we should simply stop with politics and get back to regular things like hot women island drafts. I'm willing if you are.

Peace and Love,

Jake
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 12:10:40 PM »
I would love to see you both bury the hatchet and not just run away from the problem.  I think we all would.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 12:11:58 PM »
I would love to see you both bury the hatchet and not just run away from the problem.  I think we all would.

perhaps you can send my message directly to Mike in case he will not look at the message board anymore?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 08:00:39 PM »
Since when have all of our values ever aligned?
We are all adults here and, save for the occasional spat, I feel like we all respect each other as fellow humans - even when we disagree.

Sometimes, for the sake of community and friendship, you just have to agree to disagree* and make an effort not to engage on confrontational topics.

My step mom has a dinner table rule that, at meals, no one is allow to talk about religion, politics or sex (including LGBTQ+ issues).  Why? because while debating is often productive and fun, a heated conversation ruins the pleasantness of the meal for everyone else at the table.

*I know "agree to disagree" can be an implausible action, especially when the disagreement is over core moral belief.  Trust me, as a conservative, the phrase "tolerance" has been thrown in my face my whole life. But you know what, I accept that my beliefs are not for everyone and I will never change their closely held beliefs.  So I tolerate their intolerance of me and I hope they provide the same courtesy. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 12:05:37 PM »

perhaps you can send my message directly to Mike in case he will not look at the message board anymore?
I believe Mike will check in.  He was last active just after he made that post. 

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 12:21:11 PM »
FWIW, I emailed Mike directly.  I hope he responds.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 02:06:42 AM »
FWIW, I emailed Mike directly.  I hope he responds.

so I'm guessing he is not coming back?

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 07:33:25 AM »
Hope to see you in 5 years, Mike.  Nobody escapes from the sink.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
FWIW, he said he was taking an extended break (we emailed back and forth a few times).  I think (hope) he'll come back soon.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 09:02:59 AM »
Me too...
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein