Entertainment & Artistry > Photography/Video/Movies & TV

Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now

<< < (2/7) > >>

Perspective:
I've watched the first season of Marvellous Mrs. Maisel, it was quite entertaining. Second season has been a bit slow so we stopped. I watched two episodes of Fleabag as well, it's quirky but entertaining.

If you haven't yet, watch "Formula One: Drive to Survive" on netflix. It's really well produced, and aside from being an interesting way to learn a bit about formula one racing, it also has a fair bit of soap-opera level drama! Really good series.

micah:

--- Quote from: Perspective on May 28, 2019, 01:28:10 PM ---I've watched the first season of Marvellous Mrs. Maisel, it was quite entertaining. Second season has been a bit slow so we stopped.

--- End quote ---

The first few episodes of season 2, when they're in paris, are not that great. But then they go away for the summer to the borscht belt and, eventually, hilarity ensues.  I say give it a few more episodes.  Or maybe before season 3 come out, got back and see if it's worth getting caught up.

Jake:
can you guys recommend a half way decent sci fi series? I'm a sucker for shows like Serenity, Defiance, and Stargate (remember that??). Today I'll check out travelers, but after reading the premise from micah's link I don't think I will love it - but who knows.

KnuckleBuckett:
Is the entire series on Amazon?

Jake:

--- Quote from: micah on May 26, 2019, 03:21:44 AM ---Travelers - Netflix (and apparently showtime)
Started watching this 3-season show on a whim after watching Continuum (another short lived 4-season show with a similar plot/setting)  It got cancelled and aired it's last episode in 2018 so I would think it qualifies for this discussion thread. It stars that guy from Will and Grace along with a great cast of unknown Canadians who work great together.  Worth watching through.

--- End quote ---

I tried this (according to netflix I tried it before) - and I couldn't get through the first 15 minutes :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version