Author Topic: Web 2.0 style lists  (Read 1776 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Web 2.0 style lists
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »
I'm looking for examples of some web 2.0-ish ideas for displaying results. I'm trying to think of better ways to display our business data rather than the boring column/row output. I've seen some things work nicely with summary style rows so you can see more of the detail in the summary view rather than having to click into the record to see the detail.

Anyone come across some good projects that are doing this sort of thing? I'm thinking in terms of like CRM systems and such where the norm is boring table results.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Web 2.0 style lists
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:28:39 PM »
I have done things like provide a table of results, but then have a simple plus sign image in the row where they can click and it shows a hidden row that contains more information about that record without reloading the page (just some JS).  Is that what you're looking for?  The initial row, in my case, is tabular data, but the expanded portion displays more like a list or a report.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Web 2.0 style lists
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 12:45:48 PM »
isohunt.com* has a nice table display where you click a row and it expands in-line to show details.

*you might not want to visit that at work. Torrent tracker.