Author Topic: Some more feedback  (Read 2018 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Some more feedback
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:04:37 PM »
While im waiting on some things for the Arena's website i decided i really do hate the craptastic website we have for the company. Also we changed the graphics on the shirts and stuff so she needed a facelift. Figured i would give a quick preview of the new look and see what you guys think
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

webwhy

• Jackass IV
Re: Some more feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:59 PM »
a serif font with all capital letters makes it very difficult to read.  not a big fan of large amounts of center aligned text either...

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »
from the picture, the overall layout looks pretty good for the type of site that it is.

also, don't forget to focus on content.  a pretty template is rather worthless if none of the links go anywhere :-)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:55:36 PM »
...what I mean about the content is, I know you guys are a small operation and when you're charged with "Creating the website" it often means creating the content too.  Us web designers and programmers get stuck in this boat all the time - but we're not professional marketers or advertisers.  In the end though, if you make a nice looking site but it has links that go to blank pages or vague information, its not going to make the end user feel comfortable.

I'm sure you've already surfed a lot of other bail sites but I just googled bail bonds to see whats out there... the first good one I came across was: http://www.aladdinbailbonds.com/

the layout is a fairly obvious plain-jane template but the content is great. "My friend or loved one was arrested, what do I do now?." Your's is a very niche business and most people don't know anything about the process until they have to; so the site needs to be inviting and informative.  Visitors need to feel comfortable with your company from the minute they see your site.  They need to feel like you're professional and helpful and not a bunch of loan-shark tough guys. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
"most people don't know anything about the process until they have to"

Couldnt be more true. I have like 8 pages infront of me that pat wants on there. Most material in the industry is based on or ripped off him anyway so im pretty confident that we will end up with solid, easy access and to the point content
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?