Author Topic: Hey Govt  (Read 1911 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Hey Govt
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »
You ever try this? Sounds tastey!

http://www.jeremiahweed.com/sweet-tea.html
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Hey Govt
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
yo steve, saw this post and just wondered why i would give a shit about this

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:35:11 PM »
I never got why alcohol sites have age checks.  Especially when it is up to the user's honesty.  It isn't like you can consume the product over the net.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 12:19:11 AM »
I forgot all about this.

I never got why alcohol sites have age checks.  Especially when it is up to the user's honesty.  It isn't like you can consume the product over the net.

Some of them you can order off of I think, but in this ones case they have a recipe section. It's no skin off their back to require the user to enter a DOB, and i figure this way if a kid lies and then gets slammed and mommy is pissed that they got the recipe on JW's website they can put it back on him for lying. These days everyone wants to sue over everything.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
it all comes down to culpability.  The vice market is always being blamed for advertising their products to minors even when that is not actually the intent. 

"You put a billboard for cigarettes next to a highway where kids can see it?"

By asking for the users age, regardless of what age is entered, the advertiser can plausibly deny that they are targeting minors.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
Yet they can't buy Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce that contains like, hardly any alcohol. Seriously, some idiot at Walmart carded me.