Author Topic: Anyone soft modified or flashed their 360?  (Read 2228 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Anyone soft modified or flashed their 360?
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »
Two things:

1) Fuck off ethic, I'm not pirating so kiss my ass.

2) I could care less about xbox live, I don't pay for it and when I did it was a waste.

When I would get games back in MI a guy there I knew at the time lived a few doors down and he would make a backup of the games for me as I bought them. One of them is Halo Reach, and the original has come up missing after coming back from storage.

I have the backup copy, and want to play but obviously they will not play unless I modify the xbox. Since I am not pirating, I'm trying to avoid opening the xbox just to dick around with flashing the drive, which requires money to be spent on different connectors and crap. I could re-buy the game used for all that.

My Wii I was able to softmod, and googling about this for the 360 lands me in lies, confusion, and endless threads like "stupid newb hacks are for kids".

Has anyone here done a softmod?

Or  if you have done the invasive surgery and hardware modified it, how was it?

I would just buy a pre-flashed disk drive, but my understanding is it has to be your drive so it matches the system, some kind of key or something.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Anyone soft modified or flashed their 360?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
apparently all the extra crap is to power it and such so the xbox os does not log it as a boot without drive (ie tamper). Screw all that, I have a sata to esata for my laptop, so I'm going to take the cover off and flash the dumb thing,.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?