Author Topic: Settlers of Catan  (Read 3047 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Settlers of Catan
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
So I've heard a lot of hype about this game - I've seen several friends post about it on Facebook, they sell it on thinkgeek and even played it on The Big Bang Theory.

Last night my wife and I played it with another couple.  I have to admit, I can see why people love it.  It was a lot of fun and not anywhere nears as hard to learn as I thought it would be.  I didn't really understand the underlying strategy at first but quickly became aware of all the complexities.  We had to quit after a couple hours because it was getting late and we had to get back home but I actually had the most points at the end.

So any of you guys ever play this game?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Settlers of Catan
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »
There's an Xbox version called Catan, if you're interested

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:10:32 PM »
I've played it and many similar games. I have a friend that's a board game addict, he's got a huge collection of games I've never heard of and hosts a games night once and a while.

Another cool (yet simple) strategy game I like is called "Ticket to Ride" (the Europe edition is best).

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
My friends and I play it every now and then, but it gets boring if you play it too often. They're huge board game nerds though, so we have plenty of other games to play

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »
Had to delete it from my iPhone.  I lost a week....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own