Author Topic: ms project  (Read 2422 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
ms project
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:05:59 AM »
Anyone here ever used MS Project? thoughts, comments, advice?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: ms project
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »
We use it here at work.  I think it's ok, but I don't use it that often.  Our PMs use it for every project.  I don't think they get the full value out of it as far as tying into Outlook for tasks and reminders and shit.  But as a management tool, I think it's pretty effective and easy to use.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
I know a lot of people use it.  I'd also look at OpenProj and LibreProj as alternatives if you don't already have a license for MS Project.  From what I've heard MS Project is pretty decent for what it is.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »
We are starting to implement project, and have the professional version tied into a server and outlook. I just got it installed...got me a tutorial book too!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
this is pretty sweet. Some people scared me that it is fucking hard to use. I had a basic project built in a few hours with almost hundred tasks and 7 resources.

Only thing that sucks is that I can't use chrome for the web server part