Author Topic: Dropbox  (Read 3177 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Dropbox
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has a Dropbox pro account, but we do and we were almost at our 100GB limit.  Then they emailed this morning and said that all pro accounts now have 1TB plus a bunch of other new features!   :woot:

So yeah, I'm sticking with them (was considering jumping to Google).

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Dropbox
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
wow.

I'm starting to move more and more stuff into google because I have a free 200GB there for the next year and a half (from buying my chromebook.) I wonder if g-drive will follow suite at some point?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »
What happens to your data after the 18 months?  You have to buy the space?  Keep in mind I'm paying $100/year for DB Pro.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 01:32:43 PM »
yeah, after the free time it converts to a paid account (or you can cancel and, I presume, loose all your data).
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »
*lose

And you probably won't lose the data for awhile. You just won't be able to access it

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »
Ass.

I think Alex had a hand in some of the new features there too...we don't talk about specifics of his work very often, but something with the timing of the release and when he was working too much to talk to me last week (combined with other stuff) makes me happy...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own