Author Topic: LISP  (Read 4056 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
LISP
« on: October 25, 2005, 07:08:13 PM »
before I ask a detailed question, I'd just like to know who here had any exposure to LISP, and is fairly proficient in it?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
LISP
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 03:42:58 AM »
I did some in college. Totally different than anything else, can you say recursion?
This signature intentionally left blank.

7smurfs

• Jackass III
LISP
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 06:46:54 AM »
I love LISP, but alas I haven't done much in it. It feels a lot more intuitive than other languages.

It is also nice in that the language is what you want it to be. Very little of LISP is "standard", and you can easily change the language (via macros, which are supposedly very powerful in LISP), or by writing your own interpretor (I've heard that that isn't very hard).

You can also use any paradigm that you want. OOP, procedural, etc.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
LISP
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:46:30 PM »
<--- proficient in lisp

although in school we stick to a subset of lisp that makes it a functional language. If you actually use all the features of the langues (like setq) its not actually a functional language anymore.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
LISP
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 09:12:28 PM »
great, maybe some of you will be able to help me out...I have an assignment due in LISP, and as I have never done it before I might run into problems :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
LISP
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 01:55:11 AM »
i'm currently taking intro to AI, which uses a ton of lisp