Author Topic: how is this legal?  (Read 2386 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
how is this legal?
« on: August 04, 2021, 10:31:50 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eviction-moratorium-cdc-temporary/

How can the CDC, the fucking centers for disease control, institute a federal law. And federal law on private property?! why are people not protesting moves like this?

and all this just days after the supreme court said the current moratorium could not be extended - essentially saying it is an illegal action. Yet property owners are still responsible for making mortgage payments.

Shit is getting weird and scary.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: how is this legal?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 10:46:59 PM »
Do you know the back story on this?  There is money already ear-marked for the property owners but it hasn't been released yet.  This action is only an attempt to delay people getting evicted so that money can be dispersed.  You want to blame the CDC or some other part of government but it's the slow-moving government that is causing this to be the case to begin with.  Some lawmakers need to get off their asses and do something about it so it doesn't have to come down to some hacky attempt by other parts of government to keep people in their houses.

I read an article earlier today that explains the issue but I can't find it right now.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 11:01:02 PM »
Do you know the back story on this?  There is money already ear-marked for the property owners but it hasn't been released yet.  This action is only an attempt to delay people getting evicted so that money can be dispersed.  You want to blame the CDC or some other part of government but it's the slow-moving government that is causing this to be the case to begin with.  Some lawmakers need to get off their asses and do something about it so it doesn't have to come down to some hacky attempt by other parts of government to keep people in their houses.

I read an article earlier today that explains the issue but I can't find it right now.

nope, didn't know that. Googled, read, now I know. Looks like some states are doing better than others but many payments are significantly delayed. Thanks for pointing that out.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 12:17:37 PM »
Ok, now say you're sorry and you were wrong Jake.

;P
This signature intentionally left blank.