Author Topic: Battlefield 2: 1.5 patch  (Read 3812 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Battlefield 2: 1.5 patch
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
So they finally released the 1.5 patch... and YES, I'm still playing this game.  It's about the only game I play anymore.  Supposedly has better support for Vista, a bunch of bug fixes, now uses more than 2GB of RAM, includes a new map, and the two expansion packs are now free for everyone to play.  Pretty cool.

The only thing that sucks is that it was nearly 2GB.  Oddly enough, it installed in less than 3 minutes... I thought that was slightly insane, but whatever.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Battlefield 2: 1.5 patch
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:15:16 AM »
Despite the lack of vehicles.  You need to jump into TF2 with the gang sometimes.  It would be good to see you once in a while and I think you would enjoy the banter and fun.  We have a good group.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:51:30 AM »
I might.  I just don't enjoy that game as much as BF2.  And actually, I might have been kicked out.  I didn't respond to the message I got about being gone from the forums for too long and I think they might have deleted my account.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:50:22 PM »
it was nearly 2GB.  Oddly enough, it installed in less than 3 minutes... I thought that was slightly insane, but whatever.

I'm betting a majority of that file size was the map. Or it only modified a small amount of existing files, and dumped in a bunch of new ones.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 11:15:04 PM »
I might.  I just don't enjoy that game as much as BF2.  And actually, I might have been kicked out.  I didn't respond to the message I got about being gone from the forums for too long and I think they might have deleted my account.

They is me.  I didn't delete you.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 09:55:59 AM »
I still fucking love this game... got on a server last night and joined a squad with 2 guys that were mic'ed up and we had a blast.  The teamwork in this game is far better than most that I have played.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
I agree that teamwork in BF2 was one of the best parts.  Problem was that it was so difficult to find on a regular basis.  Too many didn't have or use their mics, the commander was a douche, or as a commander your squads were douches.  That said, when any or all of these factors fell into place, it was heaven.  I could play on a good server for hours.  Except for the godam air based vehicles.  Get a decent pilot and the balance went to hell and the server lost everybody on the team getting raped by the chopper.  Ground defenses are laughable.

I find that compared to BF2 TF2 team play, mic use, and balance are vastly superior.  Though you can unbalance a server, it is damned hard for a single person (or even two) to do so.  Communication is generally much better, people tend to have and actually use their mics far more and there is a class for every play style.  Oh.  And no godam choppers. 

There are plenty of times I miss sniping in BF2.  I plan to give it a go again, after the switch to W7-64.  Hope it works.  I can sniper Obes across the map at will again. 

Godam choppers.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »
I'll agree, you don't always find it.  But I started picking up favorite servers where I did find it and that seems to work a fair amount.  But even when I don't, I'm finding it pretty often.

I think the player landscape has changed since you left.

And you know... I like the vehicles so I don't mind getting owned every once in a while.  If things get too out of hand, I leave the server or rally my team to take care of the problem.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 11:29:43 AM »
Yeah I know you like the vehicles.  Goddam choppers...

Your arch enemy still those poor little lonely trees?

During my previous hdd/OS install I spent some time with BF2 again.  I found that the hacking/cheating was out of hand.  I even made sure I had the most recent PB and was on PB enabled BF2 server(s).  It killed it for me.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 11:53:54 AM »
Ahh... the trees.  Nope... I've moved onto barrels.... had a tussle with one last night actually.

Someone mentioned something about someone hacking last night but I didn't notice.  I don't there is much of that anymore.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »
the best teamplay is found in america's army imo
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »

Have you played BF2 or TF2?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »

Have you played BF2 or TF2?

no & yes