Author Topic: outlook express request read receipt  (Read 3435 times)

Micko

• Veseli Bosanac
  • Jackass II
outlook express request read receipt
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:26:42 AM »
Hi, i use outlook express to read and send emails. I have one option to request read receipt. When I write new message I chck this option. i have another email on yahoo and when I send message with this option checked in yahoo i can open mail and still I dont get conformation taht message is opened on the receipt side. Does this feature work only with outlook mail clients and not on webmail?

Thanks

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:59:06 AM »
It only works if the person that gets the email actually OKs a question to confirm.  I'd suggest that the people getting your emails are just saying no when it asks "do you want to confirm the receipt of this email?"  It's annoying.  I always deny.

Micko

• Veseli Bosanac
  • Jackass II
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 01:09:06 PM »
Quote from: ober
It only works if the person that gets the email actually OKs a question to confirm.  I'd suggest that the people getting your emails are just saying no when it asks "do you want to confirm the receipt of this email?"  It's annoying.  I always deny.

Well no, I tested on my second email on yahoo. I send email from outlook to myself just to different address and when I opened it, there was no question to confirm reading the message. If you wish i can send one email to you to test it...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 01:41:56 PM »
do it up... bennet.oberholzer @ volvo.com

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 08:33:18 PM »
Some email clients don't recognize when the question is being asked. I know for sure that thunderbird supports it, but a lot of webmails don't