Author Topic: Argo  (Read 1014 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Argo
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »
Hmm... This was a good movie, a well made movie, and yet I was disappointed. I'm thinking most of that comes from my issue with "based on a true story" movies and how I expect them to be pretty damn close to real life.

Specifically, during the movie there were several tense moments that were simply absurd in how they portray the events as happening at the very last possible moment. Even not knowing the story I knew these were fabricated. It was annoying to watch. Then afterwards I read up about the real story and found out how much of the story was changed for cinematic purposes and that made it worse.

So the movie is enjoyable and if you don't have that same type of hangup I'd definitely recommend it. Funny at times and tense at times, it was well done. But if you are like me you might not think it was great.

7/10

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Argo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:04:06 AM »
The same exact thoughts went through my head as I watched the movie. Knowing it was based on real events, I knew it was ridiculous to make everything so tense in the timing.

Still, I did really enjoy the movie. Found myself chucking more than I thought I would for such a dramatic movie.