Author Topic: The Shield: Jack Bauer's a fag  (Read 10499 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
The Shield: Jack Bauer's a fag
« on: April 08, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »
i dont know if anyone else watches this show (i love it) but the season 6 premiere last week had a song in the beginning and i cant find it anywhere, even the name of it, was looking for some help. Heres a line i can remember from it:

"There's a beast, and i let it run.....now it's run wild...."

it was a pretty slow song, mostly vocal, but it was really good.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 06:54:45 PM by Govtcheez »
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: The Shield Soundtrack help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:04:09 PM »
Could you please give me a synopsis of the opener?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 11:19:34 PM »
Sure. The basic line of it was the team found out that Lem was never going to rat them out like asavata said he was, and shane put a pistol in his mouth till he was interrupted. Not much else relevent happened other than the black guy is now investigating mackie for lem's death.

i cant member much else, it wasnt as good as i had hoped but their season openers never are. Tuesday at 10 is the next one.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:19:40 AM »
BINGO!! You are the man rob. Normally i can find songs with google in seconds but i wasnt getting any hits. Thanks :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:22:19 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it now, this is my second favorite show on TV.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »
It's my favorite, bar none. House being a close second.

If i can find an mp3 of this i'll be even happier lol. Apparently not a very popular song.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:51:22 AM »
i found it on myspace and put it on my profile can i record it somehow?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 09:01:31 AM »
The Wire >>>> The Shield

Seriously, it's so much better it's ridiculous.  And this is coming from a guy who watched the first 4 seasons of The Shield in about a week.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 09:11:09 AM »
Yea i started watching in the middle of season 5. I literally did the same thing i watched from the first episode to the one i had just seen non stop for days lol. What i didnt like about this season opener is that they did the same thing they always do, they didn't jump right in. They usually kick into high gear by the third episode, though.

Found a program called Audacity it let me rip it from myspace :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 09:15:51 AM »
Also in your synopsis you missed a couple really big things, like Kavanaugh planting money at Vic's and convincing Emolia to lie so that it further looks like Vic was paying for a hit on Lem.

edit: I moved this so we can just discuss the show since you got your song :)

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »
Ahh your right i did forget that. In my defense my g/f called in the middle of the damn show and i dont have the balls to call her back over a tv show haha.

Does anyone else think that the Kavanaugh is a really really bad actor? Like not just bad, but annoying. Anytime that fat lazy eyed loser comes on screen i feel an overwhelming sense of annoyed lol.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:25:26 AM »
No way, he's awesome.  You're supposed to hate his character.

Forrest Whitaker just won a Best Actor Oscar; I think that disqualifies him from "shitty actor" consideration until he makes his Catwoman.

How do you think the show's going to end?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
Thats a tough one. Honestly i think shane will end up dead, but not by mackie. Someone will beat him to it i think. Vic and quite possibly ronnie will end up out of the country at some point after his issues go federal and it will turn into an all out mess.

Theres so many possible outcomes, but i doubt the writers will put mackie in jail. As for Forrest Whitaker i dont like alot of what he is in. But your right, i am supposed to hate him lol. And why does this show have to be on FX? I think it should go to HBO so the latino cop can get naked.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »
this one