Author Topic: Photography scavenger hunt?  (Read 8070 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Photography scavenger hunt?
« on: April 11, 2005, 05:36:33 PM »
Would anyone be interested in a photography scavenger hunt?  In case you're not familiar with the idea, a list of random things is posted, and the first person to turn in pictures they've taken (there's no way to really check, but don't be a douche) of all the objects wins.  They've always seemed fun to me, and I just got a new camera, so I'm itching to use it.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:12:41 PM »
and what would said winner win?
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 06:30:16 PM »
yeah man thats an excellent idea. The more creative the better.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 06:36:09 PM »
Quote from: drakkenkorin
and what would said winner win?

Um... a hug?  Unless someone puts something tangible up, it'd probably just be bragging rights.

edit: dammit, now I'm gay

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 06:55:17 PM »
well, lets see how the first one goes, and if there will be any participants at all...and maybe later we could think about a prize. Maybe, this shouldn't be about "who does it first", but about "who does it the most creatively" ?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 06:58:18 PM »
Maybe in the future, but the list should be random enough that speed and creativity go hand in hand.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 09:23:05 PM »
yeah im in for this hunt
i have a stationary fetish

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 09:33:06 PM »
Im in for it too.

how bout this for a scoring system. Lets say there are n entries and pos is your chronological order in the submission. C is a constant agreed apon once we know the number of entrants and hunted objects.

You get C * (n - pos + 1) points for your entry position.
Each entrant then votes for the most creative pic in each catagory. The winner gets (for example) 5 points, second place 2 and third place 1 point... or whatever.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 09:35:15 PM »
oh man Perspective...you just made it way to fucking complicated....:p  it probably make sense, but I really don't want to think about it this way....

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 10:28:49 PM »
Same.  I think it'd be more fun to go "I like that one better!"  I'm in...but not sure I have the time until next week

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 10:39:20 PM »
>>it'd probably just be bragging rights.<<

good enough for me - i'm in

>>edit: dammit, now I'm gay<<
gay_victims ++;
muahahaha
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 11:06:20 PM »
Quote from: axon
oh man Perspective...you just made it way to fucking complicated....:p  

heheh, i know. Im comming off a 16 month intership and have a year left of school. I need to get myself back into over-think everything mode for school.  :)

Major_Small

• Jackass IV
    • http://www.johnshaoonline.com
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 11:30:48 PM »
I'm in... I would say that we all put down $1 (paypal money) and the winner takes all, but somebody's going to go to google and type in every word on the list and claim that they won...
Team Cprog Folding@Home: Team #43476
Download it Here
Detailed Stats Here
More Detailed Stats
51 Members so far, are YOU a member?
Current team score: 827850 (ranked 357 of 41389)

The CBoard team is doing better than [COLOR='#0000FF']99.13%[/COLOR] of the other teams
Top 5 Members: Xterria(331048), Bennet(64957), pianorain(56621), Codeplug(35842), JaWiB(34917)

Last Updated on: Mon, 28 Nov, 2005 @ 3:21 PM EST

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 12:53:52 AM »
hmm... i actually have a digital camera. this might be fun

[TheFORCE]

• Jackass I
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 04:50:53 PM »
Hello all, my first post here even though ive been registered for a few days now. And this thread got my attention and thought I would post. Anyway i have played in a few online scavanger hunts over at the http://www.evga.com forums. Before the 6800 series was out, evga would host these weekly scavanger hunts. It worked like this.
#1 You sign up your name and enter the database or something and you had 10 questions to answer correctly.
#2 You could only search the evga site as all the hints were in the evga site.
#3 You were given a hint, a starting point. For example, find the gold ribbon articles
#4 You would then search the evga site for the articles and archives to find gold ribbons. (By the way, the gold ribbon search words were disabled in the search engine hehe)
#5 Thenyou would read the article and find the answer, for one of the ten questions
#6 You then go back to #2 and search again for info.

It was a lot of fun, and i did eventually win a prize, it was a game, FarCry. Needles to say others got drawn to win gaming systems, graphics cards, motherboards, etc etc.
http://www.evga.com/Community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3751&SearchTerms=scavanger,hunt