Author Topic: What show should I start getting  (Read 28947 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: What show should I start getting
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2008, 11:58:19 PM »
I think with everything else going on they chose to make it a quiet jab at his fasad (sp). Though it'd be funny to see him get rammed by omar :lol:

Ok im halfway thru season 5 now :)

don't you have some work? or you don't sleep?

sleep?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
If I had time to watch shows I would definitely be renting the Wire.

But I don't. :(

Holy fuck has it been over 3 years since this thread?

We had HBO free for three months and I just realized I could sign up for HBO GO (fabulous!) and watch The Wire on my iPod. If I could find the frickin' keyboard I'd be able to watch it on my TV with my GoogleTV, too, but I can't so... :dunno:

Anyway... I just started a few days ago and I've found time for 4 episodes so far. I'd like to finish at least the first season before I have to cancel HBO at the end of the month. But at least I'm on my way.

:woot:

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
When they give you a free preview of HBO on DirecTV you get HBO Go, too, so I just finished season 2 of The Wire over the weekend. The free preview ends tonight, though, so I doubt I'll start season 3.

Also, was this show ever in HD/widescreen format? I was surprised when watching it on the google TV that it came in as 4:3.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
I don't think it was.  I think they finished making it as HD was becoming a lot more common

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »
BTW this was an interesting read about The Wire (some spoilers)
http://www.maxim.com/tv/maxim-interrogates-the-makers-and-stars-of-the-wire

I find it funny that they had druggies coming up to do actual deals.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
When they give you a free preview of HBO on DirecTV you get HBO Go, too, so I just finished season 2 of The Wire over the weekend. The free preview ends tonight, though, so I doubt I'll start season 3.

Also, was this show ever in HD/widescreen format? I was surprised when watching it on the google TV that it came in as 4:3.

Cancel that deal a month early. I had it and canceled two weeks before the trial was up and they never "got around to removing it". Took me four months of fighting to get it removed and all the charges credited back.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
I don't think it was.  I think they finished making it as HD was becoming a lot more common

Yeah, the seasons I'm watching are almost 10 years old, so that makes sense.

Cancel that deal a month early. I had it and canceled two weeks before the trial was up and they never "got around to removing it". Took me four months of fighting to get it removed and all the charges credited back.

This weekend was just a free four day preview for everyone, I don't have to do anything (which is why it's cool they allow access to HBO Go during it). I canceled the three-month thing last year with no problems.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »
the three month thing is what we had.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

And... I just finished season three.

Only two more seasons to go! At this rate I'll be done by 2015.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2013, 07:07:52 PM »
Check that... finished season four super quick. Definitely the best season of the show. Couldn't stop watching it to the detriment of my other responsibilities, but finished the whole season in a month or so.

Just started season 5. I'm hoping to get it finished before my current 3 months free of HBO runs out, then on to Breaking Bad.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »
Season 5 was definitely a little different from the others but very entertaining. Breaking bad is great. Game of thrones is also worth while.