Author Topic: Dark Knight  (Read 10609 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Dark Knight
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »
More likely he's in some kind of coma.
That scene with the big picture of him and Gordon giving his speech sure looked like a funeral.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »
Probably like a 7/10.  I don't know if I liked it more or less than BB - I'd have to watch that again.  The Joker was awesome but there were things I didn't like.  Bale's voice when he's Batman is fucking terrible.  Cillian Murphy's cameo was retarded.   The ending makes me think the next sequel is gonna have some really lame explanation at the beginning where Gordon comes clean about Batman.

I like Maggie Gyllenhall better than Katie Holmes - I was pretty surprised they killed her

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »
That scene with the big picture of him and Gordon giving his speech sure looked like a funeral.
Well, like Jen said, people had to think he died for the sake of Gotham but that doesn't mean he actually IS dead.  I think it depends on who they want the main villain for the third movie to be before they decide whether he is alive or not.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2008, 12:26:33 AM »
Well, like Jen said, people had to think he died for the sake of Gotham but that doesn't mean he actually IS dead.  I think it depends on who they want the main villain for the third movie to be before they decide whether he is alive or not.
I really hope they leave him dead.  There's no reason for him to exist in future movies.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 01:48:27 AM »
>There's no reason for him to exist in future movies.

I'm not sure there's any reason to make any future batman movies with this particular cast. It seems like they've already used the best villains

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2008, 06:02:01 AM »
Best villians?

What about Bane?

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »
Most Batman's villain are so cheesy, I'd be curious to see how they create a villain like the Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, etc in this more realistic version of Gotham so I'm also hoping Two-Face remains dead.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »
The Penguin shouldn't be in the next movie.  He'd be too similar to the Joker, especially if played in a "dark" way.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »
Oooo, that would be cool.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2008, 02:48:53 PM »
OK this movie sucks now.  I was just at a bookstore enjoying a book when some loudmouth douchebag sitting at a table near me started trying to explain to his grandma how this was the best movie ever made.  Like literally, that's how he described it.  The best movie ever made.

I had to leave.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 03:41:56 PM »
Why didn't you take the time to explain that the title properly belongs to The Princess Bride? :P

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 03:44:02 PM »
The Princess Bride is overrated as shit.

I didn't want to disrupt his inevitable return to how he was going to graduate from ITT Tech in a few years or the marriage plans with his loudass fiancee who looked so much younger than him that I originally thought she was his daughter

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
People need to remember that its just a movie. I keep telling people that come into work but  I am the only rational voice in this sea of people with no perspective on life.
i have a stationary fetish

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »
People need to remember that its just a movie. I keep telling people that come into work but  I am the only rational voice in this sea of people with no perspective on life.

yup

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
Finally watched it last weekend. We had time to see a movie and I guess the wife felt guilty so we went and saw it. I don't think she liked it that much. Too much realistic creepiness from the joker I guess, added to the fact that Ledger died. She was looking more for comic-book style action rather than creepy thriller movie.

I did like it, though.

I was ready for it to end and then a couple new story lines emerged, so it felt long.
I really liked Ledger's Joker, of course.
Zeus was kinda dumb. That part was not well acted.
I was apprehensive about having Aaron Eckhart in the movie expecting him to be too shmoozy and shmarmy. But he did a good job in the first half. I didn't really believe his transformation, though. They tried to set it up but not well enough.
I remember thinking Holmes was a weird fit for the first movie. Gyllenhaal seemed a better fit, but not quite right. I wish I remembered that character better from the Batman Begins, maybe I should have watched it before going.
Bale was fine as batman, but the Batman voice was just weird.

Overall I thought it was a well made movie. Not a classic, but very good. 9/10.