Author Topic: MYSQL Help  (Read 6551 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: MYSQL Help
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »
Thanks ill check it out
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »
No change after indexing the tables. The site works off .php sites, and sometimes calls to mysql for information.

check out www.tcempire.net/BETA and see how slow it runs for you guys. I even tried changing the directories and such

hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »
How big is this database?

Like number of tables, table sizes etc?

Are there foreign keys and such defined?

Could you give a bit of background on what you're doing here? Like moving to a slower server etc... A bit of architecture may help narrow the focus.

Have you tried performing some of the queries outside of the website, just make sure the bottle neck is the database?

Oh and the site is really slow for me. (slower than my homepage)
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 06:25:04 PM »
the db is only 1.3MB, its pretty tiny. Not sure what you mean about foreign keys, but the entire system is contained to this one account/server.

I had it on a godaddy hosting account, and i hate godaddy. Finally talked the actual "owner" into moving to vortech. This account is shared hosting but i have had a few dedicated servers and shared accounts from them and they are great. The forum we are running on this domain is flying. So we are actually moving to a better setup, just a different version of MySQL. It was never this slow on the godaddy site, and all that has changed is the MySQL version.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 12:44:41 AM »
i fixed it. im an ass, i was doing too much at once and i had my dbconnect.php script with the right login info but the wrong hostname.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »
any ideas on how i can insert some php code to disable "view -> source" on each page?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »
Well it seems there really isnt any way to do it that isnt pointless. I'm just going to implement a copyright notice.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 12:04:08 PM »
You can't disable view source... but none of your php gets downloaded if that's what you're worried about.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »
i was a little bit because the CSS shows two .php file names and their location on the server, but i think i can fix that

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »
oook... ?