Author Topic: When to say no?  (Read 5466 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: When to say no?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
Ok so after meeting with them they have ALOT they want to do. I mean holy shit. So they asked for a total hours estimate and i put it at between 50-60 hours (and trust me, thats realistic....) @ 65 hr. They cut me a check for 10/hrs to get started.

This is easily the biggest account of the year. And theres more to come when this is done. Holy Sh*t
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »
I charge taxes. And on those in which i do not i require copies of the county issued tax number and i file them, as well as include the number on the invoice. And i have not bit off more then i can chew, i put alot of thought into everything they require before agreeing to it.

And i will say the wife was older but she could get it. Her fucking boobs were hanging out the whole time it was awsome. I tried so hard not to laugh when they showed me the "guy on guy" section of the site complete with images. I was very professional im impressed with myself.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »
would it be inappropriate to start a poll on when your
business is going to fold? either because of tax evasion
or because you've bitten off more than you could chew.
Hmmm not yet.  We've been picking on RoD too exclusively as of late.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »
Mike wants to wait to see if i fail first :P

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 08:49:02 AM »
Well, it's sounds like a great opportunity for you. Good luck.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »
Good luck.  And be sure to pass around the free membership.  ;)

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »
If i can end up with one ill post it in SC lol

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:36 AM »
Notice how ober didn't get excited until RoD mentioned the guy on guy section...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
ooooooh... :fu:

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
ICEBURN :cool2:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 11:14:22 AM »
hahaha.

So far i have about 4.5 hours into it and its really not that bad. The original company was Imagination in CA, and they outsource to the phillipines. Let me tell you is this ugly. They used NO database at all. The list of usernames they had made was included right in the HTML file and on submit it just read from itsself.....lol

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 12:54:34 AM »
As i near the launch date i must admit im feeling pretty good. I learned so much from doing this project, and you guys were a MAJOR help when i just couldnt seem to get something. I must say im pretty proud of myself. Theres alot i didnt have problems with, that i didnt know in the beginning if i could handle on my own. Tonight i wrote a user control panel for the profile, login, and user settings options. It works, it looks good, it has safeguards in place, and did i mention it works? I had some minor issues which i fixed and figured out. i ended up throwing out so much of what was already done along the way because i recognized it to be total shit and i knew why.

I'm just feeling like i got through a major ordeal. And i know it isnt over because these jackass's have cut so many corners that once they go live im going to be ripping my hair out fixing shit that i told them weeks ago was a bad idea. And im sure some of my own stuff as well. But this week i can say here it is, its ready. I get the final check (presumably) tomm or wed, and i have friends coming in from out of town for the weekend. So i close the book for the week, party my ass off, and come monday we launch this fiasco.

Heres to completetion

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 06:50:12 AM »
'grats. Have fun.

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 06:50:27 AM »
Oh, & links?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
they didnt laucnh it yet. they actually hired me for extended stuff before launch