Author Topic: making a pause button  (Read 1716 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
making a pause button
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:37:55 AM »
Who knows anything about flash?  I just learned a little bit so I could make something for a class project and I have sound that I want mutable/unmutable (ie: volume goes to 0 and then to 100--not stop and play). 

I guess I should just try to actually learn more about the program.  It's just been bothering me, and I'm too impatient.  Trying to find tutorials online has been retardedly hard for some reason.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: making a pause button
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Its not that hard really. I ran into the issue with a website I was making and I found the same issue with tutorials.

What I did was this, but be warned it is tricky to follow at first because its basically reverse engineering but it does work and it gets easier with practice.

I went to thepiratebay.com and got SWFCatcher via torrent. Install that, and fire up...ugh...internet explorer.

Go to templatemonster.com and pull up the flash templates. Find one that has the volume adjustment and/or the on/off feature. Most only have mute its rare to find a slider. Once you find it, open the demo and while its playing right click anywhere on the page and choose the swf think capture option. Save the file anywhere on your computer.

Go to the file and right click it and choose "convert to fla". Follow all suggested prompts.

You can now open it as a project in your ide of choice and it will be 100% intake and dissected, and you can locate the things you need and see how they are done and work.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: making a pause button
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »
Any luck?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?