Author Topic: Where is everyone these days?  (Read 39310 times)

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
Re: Where is everyone these days?
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 07:31:41 AM »
I've just left my last contract (well about 4 weeks ago). Taking a bit of a break atm to get my websites done as well as getting more portfolio work done (as trying to start up a commercial photo business as well) - only problem is that I thought I would have time to do lots of things plus chill a bit but I still seem to be rushing about (though i have finished setting up my mini photography studio). This week i am helping a friend find a flat to live in (and probably helping him to move if he finds one) - so there goes the portfolio work. At this rate I wont have got anything done before going back into a contract.
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
a dusty tumbleweed just went by!

Like a ghost town, what do you guys all have lives or something? LOL
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2019, 10:04:26 AM »
I have been sick the past 3 days or so.  Plus I've been refinishing my basement on weekends and some nights.  Making good progress!  Haven't had much time otherwise.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2019, 12:06:36 PM »
Been working on the boat this weekend. Made some improvements like added another battery and a battery charger/maintainer. With that I had to rewire almost the entire boat - it was a fun exercise. Added a radio. Cleaned and lubed the motor. Started it up yesterday, no problem. Added a remote control for the trolling motor also. Got a couple more rod holders and some other accessories. Hoping to put her in the water for the first time this Sunday!

One last thing I will do in the coming weeks is add a bench so that my wife is comfortable when she goes out with us.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2019, 12:54:54 PM »
Something something baby and first birthday and accreditation surveys at work and sleep.

But for what it's worth, I think it's been pretty active on here lately!

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
That's a good point, it has picked up a little the last several month.  Of course, it doesn't help that I'm writting 2 essays a day about my personal drama  LOL
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »
Plus I've been refinishing my basement on weekends and some nights.  Making good progress! 

hats off to you, Ben. In the past I did all the work on our house, but this time I really don't want to do it. My wife has been asking me to replace all the interior doors, the exterior door as well as the trim for like a year now. Three months ago I got all the old trim down, I started repairing drywall....and then stopped. I rather spend the little free time I have doing something else.

I never really hired anyone to do anything around the house, so it was (is) a new experience. But so far so good! We had our floors redone a few days ago, and the next crew comes in to do the doors next week. The painter comes in a week after that.

The labor is surprisingly affordable. For example, the floor sanding and clear coating was $550 all in. I doubt I would be able to do it cheaper my self. And it was all done in a day!

so yeah, I'm blessed that we can afford it - house needs a bit of a spruce up. After this project we'll tackle one of the bathrooms.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »
both of you:
 :postpix:

before/after?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2019, 11:15:54 AM »
I'll post some after it is all done.

Can you guess what color front door my wife picked?:D

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2019, 10:11:25 PM »
I'll post some pics when I'm done too.

The reality is that I didn't plan to do all of it myself.  I did all the demo work and painted the ceiling myself but I tried to hire out the drywall work.  The one company I contacted couldn't come for 6-8 weeks AND wanted ME to have all the supplies in the basement.  WTF?  Plus all in it was a little bit of framing, hanging about 11 sheets of drywall, mudding, and priming the walls.  They wanted 2K for the labor alone.  Fuck that noise.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2019, 07:31:48 AM »
Contractors do not want that type of work and have become lazy, arrogant, and overpriced.  Find a good one and they are booked forever.  It sucks if you don't have an in with someone.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2019, 07:16:59 PM »
finally got the front door installed - wooohooo....it only took like 3 months - mainly due to shitty handling by home depot. But they are in. my wife loves them, so I do as well! :)