Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 65003 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 09:20:51 PM »
Yeah, my company has banned all non-essential travel and cancelled a bunch of external events.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 11:09:26 AM »
I mean, it sucks, but also let's hope it saves a few lives of elderly or immuno-compromised folks.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »
I have to stop looking at my portfolio because I feel like crying. Holy shit what a roller coaster
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
see, this is why I don't have a 401k  :lol:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 09:35:50 AM »
We are starting the deployment of our new system in a month and this week I raised the sickness that has been going through the office plus the COVID issue as a yellow flag.  So now we are preparing for our contingency if we have to close the office and have everyone work from home.  Could be a fun time

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »
Our CEO sent out a memo today; no business travel; anyone with a temperature over 100.4 is not permitted on premises.  Vendors/Contractords/Customers must be vetted before being allowed to visit.

Seems like a little overkill but then again, last week we had 30+ out sick (with a common cold and/or the flu.)  Thats about 10% of this location and, since most of them are in the manufacturing area, it's more like a 12-15% loss in working capacity.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »
Yeah, we got a similar letter at work and the schools have ramped up as well.  Kids must wait 48 hours after a fever ends to return to school and they are doing a deep cleaning of all the schools. 

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
Saw this on Reddit this morning: https://act.nationalnursesunited.org/page/-/files/graphics/NU-Quarantine-RN-press-conf-statement.pdf

Sounds like the feds are just do a fantastic job managing this /s

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »
Our offices in Seattle and San Fran are now basically closed. All employees have been told to work from home if possible.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 05:08:00 PM »
Saw this on Reddit this morning: https://act.nationalnursesunited.org/page/-/files/graphics/NU-Quarantine-RN-press-conf-statement.pdf

Sounds like the feds are just do a fantastic job managing this /s

this is on par with anything the government does. Top down, starting with Trump, the handling of this (or mis-handling) is pretty horrible - and it WILL get much worse before it gets better. If you listen to the experts, many are saying this virus has the potential to be as wide spread as the Spanish flu - sure, it is 100 years later, and our medicine is much more advanced, and not nearly as many people will die - but just as many might get infected.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
We are starting the deployment of our new system in a month and this week I raised the sickness that has been going through the office plus the COVID issue as a yellow flag.  So now we are preparing for our contingency if we have to close the office and have everyone work from home.  Could be a fun time

EGUSD already closing for this week due to COVID-19. Better prepare soon.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »
Saw that on Reddit.  The other districts aren't closing and the county said that EGUSD didn't consult them.  So /shrug on what the real story is.

Fortunately, we do independent study and home schooling so we could close the office without stopping all educational activities.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
good thing I moved all my stuff to money market on Friday - holy shit.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 07:33:39 PM »
meh, it'll rebound soon enough.  Low oil prices will boost the economy and eventually the corona virus will wean out.... things will stabilize and probably peak higher than before.... I predict all before the election.

that said, I have no skin (or money) in the game. LOL.  My 401k starts next month...guess I'll be buying low ;)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
Relatively low, I'm guessing this is going to get a bit worse before it gets any better. And the chances of this lasting a while are pretty good I think. So I hope nobody here was really looking forward to retiring in the next couple years.
This signature intentionally left blank.