Author Topic: Tigers trade for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera  (Read 3965 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Tigers trade for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:17:19 PM »
I know the Santana trade is the big news right now (whenever it actually happens), but this directly involves my team so I'm posting about it.  Tigers trade Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin (our top 2 prospects), Mike Rabelo, Dallas Trahern, Eulogio Delacruz, and some other dude for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera.    If D-Train gets back to where he was a few years ago, this almost definitely makes us the team to beat in the AL Central.  You've got an almost guaranteed 20+ dingers from at least 6 different positions and a rotation of Verlander/Rogers/Bonderman/Willis/Robertson.  It's going to be a fun season.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Tigers trade for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »
My fiancee is getting me season tickets for xmas :)

(not a complete season but that's good enough)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:16:50 AM »
Lucky bitch.

How many games can you actually end up going to?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »
We're probably going to get 20 games split between us and another couple.  With the way my schedule is next year though, I might have problems getting to the weekday games.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »
One of my random dreams is to get season tickets for a baseball team and go to most of the games for a year or two at least.

I wouldn't mind doing it for longer, but I know that as long as my wife is alive I'd never have a chance of that, and I'm going to end up dying before her so there's really no chance.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 06:04:50 PM »
Um... yes it does.

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »
One of my random dreams is to get season tickets for a baseball team and go to most of the games for a year or two at least.

I wouldn't mind doing it for longer, but I know that as long as my wife is alive I'd never have a chance of that, and I'm going to end up dying before her so there's really no chance.

Brother got to put the foot down!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »
I prefer to save my foot for those occasions I deem to be crucial to my happiness lest I stomp out all the other benefits of a wonderful marriage. ;)

Baseball season tickets sound cool, but they aren't that important to me at all.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
That's why I'm not getting the full season.  If you split a 20 game package with someone else that's only 10 games :)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 07:43:38 PM »
Ahhh... I didn't realize it was only 10 games.

Sorry, not so cool any more. Nice that you get consistent seats and pretty much guaranteed 10 games for the season (9.5 more than I average), but for some reason 10 games doesn't seem like nearly as many as 20.

How much freedom do you have to pick the games? Do you get assigned the 20 and then divy them up with the partner, or can you pick the 20?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
I don't really know honestly.   I don't have enough time to go to a whole lot more than that because I'm going to be working on the other side of the state a lot of the summer.