Author Topic: The Adjustment Bureau  (Read 1474 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
The Adjustment Bureau
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:41:11 AM »
Pretty good. Leads had good chemistry. Unlike Affleck in The Town, I actually believe that Damon and Blunt really liked each other. Pretty fun plot. I had a quibble but we watched this a while ago so I don't remember what it was.

8/10

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: The Adjustment Bureau
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
The commercials sort of made this look like an Inception ripoff.  Is it better than that?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »
Yes, it's better than an Inception ripoff. No, it isn't better than Inception, but I really liked Inception so that would be hard.

The "special powers" being used and the plot surrounding them are pretty different than those in Inception. I wouldn't really even connect the two. Plus, this has more romanticnessosity and is generally smaller in scale and tone.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
Never heard of Inception. I was thinking of Insidious when I was reading this.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »
Never heard of Inception.
Have you been living under a rock?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
We saw this on friday. All around a good movie. I agree on the chemistry comment from charlie.

Have you ever thought though, when you're on your way to work and you see a huge accident that if you didn't spend the two extra minutes looking for your lost keys that it might have been you? Fate is interesting...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
Have you ever thought though, when you're on your way to work and you see a huge accident that if you didn't spend the two extra minutes looking for your lost keys that it might have been you? Fate is interesting...

No, but my cousin did once. He was so deep in thought on that subject that he went through a stop sign and got hit by an SUV. Fate's got a sense of humor, too.