Author Topic: Chrome - bad idea  (Read 2558 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Chrome - bad idea
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »
WTF is up with them?  I use Chrome mainly on my wife's laptop.  I started typing in an address last night and it started trying to go to each version of the URL before I hit enter, bringing up errors on the site I was on due to an invalid path.

Who thinks that's a good idea???  You're going to end up making multiple calls to 404 pages on most sites, eating bandwidth and all kinds of shit.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Chrome - bad idea
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:13:51 AM »
It kind of annoys me, but I only had it take me to the wrong place once and that's because the mouse was hovering over the drop down list of suggestions.

Sometimes it really makes life faster though
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »
WTF is up with them?  I use Chrome mainly on my wife's laptop.  I started typing in an address last night and it started trying to go to each version of the URL before I hit enter, bringing up errors on the site I was on due to an invalid path.

Who thinks that's a good idea???  You're going to end up making multiple calls to 404 pages on most sites, eating bandwidth and all kinds of shit.
I can't recall ever seeing that behavior.  Gonna have to look at my server logs a bit closer now.

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »
i noticed some really annoying behavior with the back button and google search results.  for some reason you can't "go back" to the google result page in chrome.  it refreshes the current page you're viewing, and then a second click to the back button will bring up the empty google search box with no results.

poor.

i've only noticed this on chrome for mac though.  i don't have the problem on my linux and windows machines.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:37:36 AM by webwhy »

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
Yea i have never seen that on Ubuntu
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:57:10 AM »
i've never seen either of those behaviors in chrome and i've been using it as my primary browser now for months.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
i noticed some really annoying behavior with the back button and google search results.  for some reason you can't "go back" to the google result page in chrome.  it refreshed the current page your viewing, and then a second click to the back button will bring up the empty google search box with no results.

poor.

i've only noticed this on chrome for mac though.  i don't have the problem on my linux and windows machines.
I've seen that on all versions of chrome from time to time.  It isn't every time but it does come up at the most annoying of times.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »
Go to preferences and disable instant if you don't like it. But it's supposed to "help" things too.
This signature intentionally left blank.

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »
well....i hate it, and thanks!