• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
FF9
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
I dunno how you guys test this stuff...

Rapid Fire: Firefox 9 Beta is Already Out for Download
5:00 PM - November 14, 2011 by Jane McEntegart -
source: Mozilla

You're running Firefox 8? That's so last week.

Firefox 8 was just released last week. Some of you have probably yet to update. However, the releases are coming fast these days, as is evidenced by the fact that Firefox 9 Beta is already available for download. Mozilla recently announced that the "new, faster" Firefox Beta is now ready for testing and download with support for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Mozilla says FF9 Beta adds Type Inference to make JavaScript significantly faster; added support for Mac OS X Lion, including two-finger-swipe navigation and makes improved functionality for multiple displays; enables JavaScript to show developers when users choose to opt-out of behavioral tracking with the Do Not Track privacy feature; and chunking for XHR requests so websites can receive data that’s part of a large XHR download in progress.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: FF9
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:29:44 PM »
My impression is that these new 'major versions' are more like patches.  They enhance one area of the product so it's not like a complete rewrite of the product.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:52:51 PM »
I'm still sticking with Chrome.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:43:13 AM »
I'm still sticking with Chrome.

Yep. Haven't been impressed with FF in a long time.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?