Author Topic: new exchange server  (Read 5365 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
new exchange server
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
My company is throwing some big bucks into our infrastructure this year, part of which is a new exchange server in preperation for sharepoint and project 2013. Well, all of our mailboxes were migrated to the new server this week (a process which went surprisingly well) and we now have a new version of webbased outlook....and it is fucking awesome. I swear it feels better than regular outlook....and I love outlook!

this is the version:

Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 14.3.123.0
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: new exchange server
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
Interesting... I usually can't stand the web version of outlook.  Does it require you to use IE to get the 'full experience'?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
I've been using it only on chrome and have not ran into any issues
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »
here is a pic
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:11:11 AM by Jake »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »
AH, that's the same thing we have as far as web access.  I still prefer Outlook on the desktop.  We're using outlook 2010.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »
AH, that's the same thing we have as far as web access.  I still prefer Outlook on the desktop.  We're using outlook 2010.

as are (were) we; but before this server switch our web access version looked very different.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »
You need to tell Joel and Julie to get their asses back to work... PRONTO!

:)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:41 PM »
Ha ha... Now the pic is gone and I can't check to see if what Jake was seeing is what I'm seeing.

Our office power went out again so I have to work from home and use the web client to get email. Oh my god I hate it. Yuck. I might get used to it eventually but when you've put years into learning the tricks to make your work flow smoothly, when it gets changed up on you it can really throw things off.

Also, it's not nearly as fast/smooth as the thick client. I greatly prefer fast and smooth.