Author Topic: I bought a minivan  (Read 8759 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
I bought a minivan
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
Well, leased one, but still.  I would post a picture, but you guys all know what a van looks like and the weather is hellacious

http://www.chrysler.com/en/town-country/30th-anniversary/

These sure have come a long way since my dad's GMC Safari.  Leather everything, heated everything, DVD player, storage out the wazoo, etc etc.  It is a damn nice vehicle, but coming from the Civic the gas mileage is going to be a hassle.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: I bought a minivan
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
Where did you place your balls when you signed the lease?  Did you save them for later or just throw them out?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »
hey next time MSU beats UM's ass in football you're welcome to come to my tailgate.  The van's got power folding tailgate seats.  We can watch a DVD of MSU's Rose Bowl win from the heated seats.  Pretty sure the console can hold a sixpack, too.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »
Where did you place your balls when you signed the lease?  Did you save them for later or just throw them out?

I would not expect this statement from a guy driving a fit!

;)

good for you GC. I fucking love my T&C and see myself owning one until my kids are in their teens.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:25 PM »
We have a 2012 T&C...

Replaced a 1996 T&C.

We love our van.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 01:14:53 PM »
We loved our Windstar.  We weren't too proud to have a minivan even sans kiddos.

Exceptionally comfortable even on 500+ mile trips
Drove like a car
No real blind-spots of note due to all of the glass
Functional as a pickup, car, or group vehicle
Easy to access the entire thing and to get into and out of
Decent mileage
AMAZING heating and air conditioning - best ever
Upkeep was minimal and resale was more than fair
Oh and it was great in rain and snow (tires were cheap too)

We didn't want to get rid of it, however we needed a true commuter car when the wife started driving 100 miles a day for work.  Thus the VW Golf Diesel at over 40 MPG.

Neighbors still use the minivan (they purchased it) everyday.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:24:04 PM by KnuckleBuckett »

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »
Almost 6 month review: Yeah, I really like this.  Gas is a pain, but it still gets in the low 20s.  When we went on a road trip for the 4th I got almost 27 the whole way with freeway and highway driving.  Storage out the wazoo, DVD player is a hit with Sammy, heated steering wheel/seats were godsends this winter, and it's just all around nice to drive and be in.

Cons:
The builtin GPS sucks ass.  It's Garmin software, but somehow worse than any Garmin I've ever had
I'm not a big fan of the voice recognition stuff
DVD Player is a hit and there's a lot of whining when I won't turn on Thomas to go the mile to school in the morning

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:02:13 PM »
DVD Player is a hit and there's a lot of whining when I won't turn on Thomas to go the mile to school in the morning

So true.  My kids always want us to turn it on.  My wife basically has set a "No" precedence.  We only use it for long vacation drives.  That is the rule.  (of course I sometimes cheat and let them watch something when I am taking them across town.... shh don't tell my wife)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »
*calls Beta's wife*

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh GIRL YOU GOTTA HEAR DIS!   :emot-nyd:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »
I hit 100K on mine a couple weeks ago and love it as well. I put on over 50K in the last 14 months or so. Pretty funny but my fuel efficiency has improved the more miles I have on it. Averaging about 24 mpg right now (I have a 2010 model). So far no issues!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 01:20:53 PM »
There goes Beta...bribing the kids.....tsk tsk tsk...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:15 PM »
Uh yeah that is how you get kids to do things

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
I prefer just to scream, beat, and mock them*.

* to any agencies please  note that this is a joke. Please don't fire me...actually, I kinda do mock them sometimes :idk:
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »
I prefer just to scream, beat, and mock them*.
Reported.
Uh yeah that is how you get kids to do things
+1342034139488231478234

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
It's fun to sit from on high and tell people "don't bribe your kids" :D....even if I don't really mean it....