Author Topic: The ES Bucks Fun  (Read 5387 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 05:18:25 PM »
People should lose money for editing posts (and the money could go to the thread starter or something)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 05:51:01 PM »
Ok editted the first post.

Quote from: Rob
We need to restrict the number of $ES in circulation so that these things are reasonably infrequent, or they will lose their appeal quickly.

Would you all prefer a cap or for certain big ticket items it has a min value but the current value is based off of a % of the max holder's amount?  Or do you want there to be a finite limit to the amount of bucks in the system at any given time?

About the translations things:  Maybe, it depends on how hard it is to implement.  And I would limit it to only certain forums

Was also thinking that for every post the thread starter has a random chance of losing or gaining bucks.

About the banning:  Its of course a temp ban not a perm ban.  Also code would be put in to ensure that not all 3 admins were banned at the same time (if the system will even follow the banning rules for admins)

Donations:  Yeah we can have a donation system, but be warned that not everything will go as planned.

Oh another concern:  Ok one of the more popular things will be to change someone's title, avatar, sig, etc.

Well these things are all something that the user can, under the current system, change themselves.  This means they could undo it.  To keep this worthwhile one of the two will need to be done:
You can buy an additional insurance that keeps them from being able to change it per day
-or-
we disable the changing all together.  Meaning new peeps would have to earn some ES bucks and do it themselves or someone will have to pay and change it for them.

Both of their appeals
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 05:51:42 PM by Mike »

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 06:02:12 PM »
I think a finite limit - and if you don't use them you lose them (say 10% per day, as an example). So any prize etc. would need to be a percentage of the currently available pot.

Another benefit is that people will be torn between saving for that really special occasion (;)) and spending quickly while they have them.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 06:08:39 PM »
I think a finite limit

I meant a finite limit for everyone.  Meaning there would only be 3 million ES bucks in circulation at any one time (number bad up)

We can cap it on an individual basis and provide a decay to it.

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 06:37:38 PM »
>>I meant a finite limit for everyone.

Me too. No reason why someone shouldn't have it all at one time, just make sure they can't keep it for too long...

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 06:43:07 PM »
Quote from: kermi3
great idea rob.  Would that mean that the system has to keep a certain % $ES in reserve and have the resaerve fluctuate based on events, or would every random event take away or add points from other people?

I don't know :dunno: :D We certainly need some random events. Part of the fun would be the risk of going broke - maybe you shouldn't be able to post if you're broke? Maybe it should cost $ES to post, but you get X $ES back for each reply, and Y $ES back for each view (assuming that there's money in the central reserve)?

We'd need to give each noob a starting fund, say Z $ES contribution per member from their fund.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 06:43:46 PM »
Well if there is a finite limit then there is no need to base the reward off of a percentage :)

Ok we still need more things to spend it on!

Oh an update on the username thing:  I have found a page that gives the code to allow logging in with the username.  However since VB are a bunch of money whores I have to have ober get the code since I don't have an account that can see the code.  Once he gets me the code I'll apply the changes and we'll test it out.

pianorain

• Anti-Poster
  • Jackass III
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 09:43:02 PM »
Quote from: Rob
Maybe it should cost $ES to post, but you get X $ES back for each reply, and Y $ES back for each view (assuming that there's money in the central reserve)?
I disagree with this.  Posting might trigger a random event that gives or takes $ES, but I don't think that there should ever be a cost for posting.  That could lead to even fewer posts, thus leading to a more boring forum.
[post=3832]axon[/post]: I hate it when people copy my originality :p

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 10:27:43 PM »
I would suggest that said person would be emailed when their username is changed and the email would list the change.
I definately agree with this

I dont like the idea of it costing ES bucks to post, cause it could definately limit the board activity.

The amount of ES bucks in circulation throughout the whole board at one time should be fairly limited so as to make them worth more, like you dont want people changing stuff 5 times a day or it'll get boring really quickly.
i have a stationary fetish

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 02:20:37 AM »
Quote from: pianorain
I disagree with this.  Posting might trigger a random event that gives or takes $ES, but I don't think that there should ever be a cost for posting.  That could lead to even fewer posts, thus leading to a more boring forum.

I was thinking maybe just 1 $ES per post, with 1$ES back per view, and 2 $ES back per reply, but maybe just in OT? *shrugs* I take your point though...

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 06:41:07 AM »
Quote from: Govtcheez
I want to spend however many ES bux it is to change ahluka's title to "Fucking moron".

Bonus points if it flashes.

I'll split the cost with you sir.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 08:06:24 AM »
1) Admins cannot be banned (although they could be manually removed, but I'm against that just in case something goes wrong and an admin has to reset something else manually).

2) I'm against needing ES bux to post.  That is going to discourage new people and limit some of the rest of us, unless we just hand everyone a large amount and the only way you'd go broke is if you went on a spending spree.

3) I'm also against automated PMs telling you who did what to you.  I like randomness in the system and starting a war between 2 people could get ugly.  I'm sure they'll find out sooner or later otherwise.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 08:19:05 AM »
What about a PM that says something happened?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:18 AM »
>>2) I'm against needing ES bux to post. That is going to discourage new people and limit some of the rest of us, unless we just hand everyone a large amount and the only way you'd go broke is if you went on a spending spree.<<

agree with you.  and imagine how annoying it would be to want to start/reply to a post - but wait - you have to check your balance first.  thats getting really close to being like balancing your checkbook - which i don't do.

>>3) I'm also against automated PMs telling you who did what to you. I like randomness in the system and starting a war between 2 people could get ugly. I'm sure they'll find out sooner or later otherwise.<<

but think about all the flame wars this could start.  but yeah, it could get ugly.

>>What about a PM that says something happened?<<

i like that idea.  kinda like getting a pm that says "someone payed for your new user name to be SmellyFuckTard"  thats it.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
The ES Bucks Fun
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 08:51:07 AM »
:rofl:  I'm ok with that... just don't make it point fingers.  :)  

"smellyfucktard"... :rofl: