Author Topic: CS - Good days and bad days  (Read 5538 times)

ahluka

• Jackass IV
CS - Good days and bad days
« on: December 03, 2005, 12:27:10 PM »
Not sure how many people play CS 1.6 / Source. Meh.

People who don't play it may find it hard to believe that players do have "form". Like snooker players or footballers, you have good days and bad days, where you perform well or terribly. Generally speaking every day is a bad day for me - for some reason it's even worse when I play Source.

Today was a good day when I played 1.6 this morn - observe attachment right about now.

Anyone else have this "syndrome" (at any game I mean)?

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:53:14 PM »
I have only played source, but havent played it much in the last few months.  When I first started I was horrible, I was never that great, but I would have awesome days, days when I was decent, and days when I was absolutely horrible.  I figured out when I was tired, or didnt really want to play, I didnt do that great.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 12:59:45 PM »
That's pretty similar with me, except even if I want to play I suck. Most of the time.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:04:53 PM »
i havnt played it since that steam shit...is there are a way to play it without steam?
i have a stationary fetish

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 03:23:51 AM »
Not that I know of. I tried using Gamespy but you get a message, something along the lines of "to play Valve games you must now use Steam; go to steampowered.com, tell your friends!".

Anyhow what's wrong with Steam?

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 05:42:59 AM »
i cant use steam cause some shmo registered an account with my key (probably sombody i lend my cd to) plus i wouldnt use it anyway as it wastes resources and generally makes everything alot harder.

I discovered WON2 today, which is a smaller version of WON thats hanging around with most of the servers in Europe
i have a stationary fetish

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 01:24:43 PM »
no offense but all those scpres are kinda crappy. I've been playing since the day it released tho so im used to higher counts. Havent played in prolly close to a year now, AA is where its at
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 12:03:05 PM »
Quote from: scubasteve
no offense but all those scpres are kinda crappy. I've been playing since the day it released tho so im used to higher counts. Havent played in prolly close to a year now, AA is where its at

Yeah only nubs score leik that u need at least 8-1 raito 4 n e respect or 2 be cal-i u nubzors

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 02:10:16 PM »
This is so ironic because of all the servers I play on if someone gets, for example, 30+ kills and <10 deaths, he usually gets kicked on suspition of cheating. Assuming an admin is playing, which there usually is on my select few fav servers.

7smurfs

• Jackass III
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 03:18:12 PM »
Find a server where the administrators are over 12 years old?

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »
Actually I have trouble finding a CS server where every player is older than 12, so wish me luck.

Seriously though, that's one thing I hate about CS/CS:S/DoD etc; everyone is so immature. I could moan about it for several paragraphs, but. Actually, I will.

1. Noob-ism

This is probably the funniest one of them all. To be more specific, I laugh like a little girl when I kill someone and they call me a newbie - how the hell did they figure that one out? It's even worse when I occasionally kill the "best" player on the server and he/she calls me a "n00b"...

2. Camping

A viable tactic if used in moderation, IMO. Yesterday morning was the worst scenario of the other team over-using this while using AWM's. Picture this: cs_assault, 8 T's, 5 CT's (myself inclusive), more than half the T's using AWM's camping every (that's 3) entrance to the warehouse. After 35 minutes of standoffs and mass-magnum-rapings, T: 23 CT: 1. IIRC I had 3 kills and somewhere in the region of 20 deaths - I was second place in my team; the guy in 1st had 5 kills and everyone else had 0. Fair play, they defended that place like something they didn't want to loose, but it did get a bit annoying and the insulting reached a record level.

3. AWM Whores

Again, viable in moderation. Obviously it's automatically on the banned list on a lot of servers along with the sheild; after the scenario in #2 you can kind of see why. Personally I've only used this a couple times (usually because I've been assraped 6 ways to sunday and I can't afford it) and found it really easy to get the hang of. I can't see any real way Valve can nerf this, however.

4. The obviously cheating crew

When someone can headshot you through a wall (etc) in a single shot, hit you at absurd distances (headshot in 1 shot again), has a vibrating reticule when you spectate them and seems to anticipate your every move, it becomes obvious they're cheating. I tend to steer clear of non-VAC servers (even though VAC hasn't got much of reputation for being usefull) but I occasionally have to play with / against cheaters, and it's really, really sad. I mean, I'm totally crap at CS, and I've probably bored you to death with all of this (assuming you've bothered to read it this far) but for christs sake I play it using my own hands, eyes and reaction speeds. 'nuff said.

5. The "I'm 12 and l337" crew

Pubeless baby-faced virgins with a skewed mental image of reality, consoling themselves by pretending to be the most mature on the server, instantly giving themselves away by insulting each and every person that kills them. These are the mental rejects of the online gaming community, and I'm fucking glad I'm not one of them.

Well I was trying to think of 7 things but got bored / lost focus. Meh. Maybe I'll finish it later (I'll bet you're looking forward to that).

Laugh at it, change it, cry about it, but please don't insult me over it. My oppinions of what otherwise would be a pretty good game. Tis late now, due to my nature of surfacing at 6:30AM, day in, day out, so I'm off to bed. I may watch a movie first. Wootage.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 04:16:08 PM »
start playing enemy territory...CS is garbage.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 04:17:50 PM »
americas army bitches
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 01:45:59 AM »
Nah my FPS is always above 50 - for some reason the counter jumps around between ~30 and ~70.

CoD2 rocks, and Axon I keep forgetting about ET - I still need to patch it.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 01:51:54 AM »