Author Topic: Mandalorian  (Read 8841 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Mandalorian
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
We got D+ as part of my wife's verizon plan. Started watching Mandalorian - 4 episodes in so far - it is good, but I wouldn't call it great. It's keeping me interested, but I don't see all the hoopla behind it? did the marketing just get to me? and other than that, I don't see anything that would make me actually pay for D+ 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:55:54 PM »
Umm.... baby yoda?  I think the show itself and the premise is interesting.  It's certainly not ground breaking but my family text group is mostly baby yoda memes. 

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 06:40:03 AM »
Mostly dug it.  Yeah Obes.  A baby Yoda creature.  It isn't Yoda but it is a money grab.  Show has some weak points however I am looking forward to S2.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 08:22:23 AM »
I liked it.  Baby Yoda is totes adorbs and it's cute how this big-bag-fighting-Mando guy becomes like his overly protective father.  I'll watch season 2 for sure.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 02:13:49 AM »
7/10

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 05:11:12 PM »
This show just keeps getting better - the latest episode was pretty great. You guys still watching?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 08:09:05 PM »
I started season two a couple weeks ago but haven't caught up.  Thanks for the reminder though, maybe I'll put it on tonight once the kids are in bed.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 08:38:21 AM »
Once the kids are in bed?  Why aren't you watching with them??!!?!  The show is great :)  My kids love it!

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 10:20:00 AM »
I haven't actually watched any of this yet. Right now, my "the wife's not home" show I occasionally watch is Cobra kai. Once I'm through season 1 I'll check out the mandolorian.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 10:56:31 AM »
Once the kids are in bed?  Why aren't you watching with them??!!?!  The show is great :)  My kids love it!

def a family event for us as well.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »
My girls won't watch it.  I've tried on several occasions to get them to watch Star Wars or any of it's off-shoots.  Zero interest.
the "after bed" part was just because, until they're asleep, I have absolutely no free time to do anything relaxing for the block of time required to watch one or more episodes of anything.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 11:21:01 PM »
Just saw the last two episodes....freegin' awesome!! Really one of thc best shows out there at the moment :)

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 09:44:14 PM »
no spoilers please...i'm only 3 episodes in on season 2. LOL

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 03:20:35 AM »
no spoilers please...i'm only 3 episodes in on season 2. LOL
I take that back, just binged the last 5 episodes.  WOW!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 08:42:15 AM »
Sad to see it end, at least with the current story line but it was interesting to say the least.