Author Topic: EarthRoamer  (Read 5072 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
EarthRoamer
« on: July 13, 2020, 05:36:45 PM »
My wife and I would like to travel more after the kids are out of the nest - granted, that's probably still 10 to 15 years away, but when it happens, it would be nice to do it in one of these!

https://earthroamer.com/

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: EarthRoamer
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:43:27 PM »
so, like.... would you sell your house to buy that thing? or are you really that much richer than I thought?   Also, can I come too?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 10:18:31 PM »
gotta have goals!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 05:51:45 AM »
Need turrets, an observatory, and a small drone fleet.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »
Need turrets, an observatory, and a small drone fleet.
+1

Also, holy shit that's an expensive RV.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 09:13:22 AM »
Why not spend 200 - 300k on an actual RV? I doubt that thing could really do series off-road trails given the size of it (definitely wouldn't survive on the jeep trails I've been on). An actual RV would have more space and amenities.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 10:05:04 AM »
Why not spend 200 - 300k on an actual RV? I doubt that thing could really do series off-road trails given the size of it (definitely wouldn't survive on the jeep trails I've been on). An actual RV would have more space and amenities.
I was actually thinking about how the draw of these are obviously to off-road but how weird it would be if you were parked in a hilly area trying to sleep on a crooked bed.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »

the appeal is the ability to take it onto the type of terrain that a "typical" RV would have no chance in. Also, to me, the LTi is a perfect size for 2 people and a furry friend.

I was actually thinking about how the draw of these are obviously to off-road but how weird it would be if you were parked in a hilly area trying to sleep on a crooked bed.

they have an independent air suspension that is used to level the vehicle just in those circumstances.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 11:19:51 AM »
BTW, in the meantime, we are looking at a 2016 Camper trailer on Sunday and if everything falls into place we'll try our hand in vacationing that way for a few years.

this is the model we're looking at: https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/2016-jay-flight/29bhds/
the guy that owns it bought it and used it less than 10 times - never trailered it, just parked it at the same campground my cousin has a camper on (they're neighbors) in 2016 and it has been there ever since. In fact, he's only had the water turned on in it once. He is motivated to sell, and even though this might be a little more then what we would need, if the price is right, we'll buy it.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 01:27:05 PM »
My brother has something very similar and they use it pretty often over the summer.  It's nice but they're looking to upgrade after like 5 or so years with it.  He got a truck with a 5th wheel purely for that purpose.