Author Topic: Zune (vs iPod)  (Read 2800 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Zune (vs iPod)
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:07:07 AM »
So, my ipod is slowly dying, and I'm starting to consider replacements.  Yes, I am actually considering the zune in addition to the bajillion different kinds of ipods/zens/musicvideophotoradioteleportationdevice out there.  It looks sorta pretty with the exception of the poop brown color.  I probably wouldn't get it now, but when secondary lines get launched (I'm hoping my ipod lasts that long at least) and people actually have them.  I've read a bunch of reviews, and I feel like they don't help so much (read: incredibly biased one way or another).

Does anyone know anyone who's picked it up yet or at least tried it out?  Any thoughts in general of what people thought of MS's launch of the player/music service?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Zune (vs iPod)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »
I played with one at circuit city today.  I really wans't that impressed.  It seemed alright, but what I'd be most concerned about was DRM with iTunes songs and with dealing with WMP.  To be honest, I think I'm going to stick with iPods as long as I can simply because I like iTunes.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:01:54 PM »
what's wrong with your ipod?

i have a 2nd gen ipod and its still going strong.  the only thing i've done to it is change the battery (would only hold about a charge for about 45 mins, then die out).

once the batter was replaced, I can go on battery power playing all the time for about 3 hours.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:25:53 PM »
It's a mini, the battery is starting to give for teh second or third time...I don't know if it's going to make it or if a nano is going to be in order.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »
Well, before it seemed like just a battery problem where I would charge it, listen to it for a little while, and then leave it out.  Whenever I got back to it, it seemed like there was no charge left.  I did replace the battery, and the same thing happens.  A few days ago, things just seemed to keep freezing up, like the hd was doing something weird.  A reset later presented a little triangle with an exclamation point and a file name...which suddenly went away when I unplugged the ipod.  Apple won't touch my ipod because it's one of those hp ones.

That, and itunes refuses to connect to my ipod now.  :(