Author Topic: "Great Grandmother"  (Read 1151 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
"Great Grandmother"
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »
My "Great Grandmother" (really a cousin) passed away late Wednesday night.  She was an incredible woman.  Didn't give a damn about what anyone though - I understand she never did.  She was full of life and loved talking to pepole and hearing about thier lives.  She was in a lot of pain though, and we all saw it coming (so did she).  My grandmother thought she was going to die a month ago, and was shocked she made it that long.  I'm most concerned about how my grandmother will take it.  She says she's not grieving, but "going to see Eddie (EE-dee) has been part of her routine for so long I worry about how she'll adapt.

Eddie was 100 years and 1 day old when she died. :D  And I laughed hysterically at news of her death.  Her closest friends said she wouldn't make it - she wanted to know if he'd bought the champaign yet.  HA!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:29:12 PM by kermi3 »
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: "Great Grandmother"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 10:24:09 AM »
That's a great age to achieve! Just sad about the pain. Feels like I should be sending my sympathy, so if it's appropriate...

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »
yeah, sorry to hear of your loss but wow - 100.002739 is a pretty good run.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:28:44 PM »
Condolences to you and yours, kermi3; and ditto Rob and micah with respect to the good run.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:56:43 PM »
Thanks guys.  We're sad she's gone, but glad she's out of pain.  She had a great life to be celebrated.  No serious grieving being done by any of us.  Thanks guys.

edit: We are celebrating her; not grieving.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:28:42 PM by kermi3 »
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »
I'd like to live to be a hundred or so. Obviously I might have a totally different opinion if it actually happened, but I don't think I'd have a problem being old and unable to take care of myself, even if I'm stuck in a nursing home somewhere without any friends or family nearby. I think I'd prefer to see what happens, listen to the stories of others, tell my own if I remembered any, than die at a more comfortable age.

Glad she was able to enjoy a long life.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:53:15 PM »
My condolences to you and your family, but it sounds like more of a celebration.  I think that's awesome.