Author Topic: photo printer  (Read 2874 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
photo printer
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:12:47 AM »
finally got a decent photo printer: epson r340

I bought it very cheap - $60 :) it uses 6 different cartridges which also are not very expensive. So far I printed several 8x10 prints on good photo paper and even though they are not "lab" quality, I am still very impressed. The prinitng is very slow on best quality mode but that is not very important to me.

Any advice about printing pictures at home? I think I will only be printing 8x10's as these are still expensive to get printed at a lab.

I wonder how long the ink will last.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: photo printer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 07:42:44 AM »
1)  Use good photo editing software.
2)  Know how to use the good photo editing software.
3)  Use top of the line photo grade paper.  I find that matte looks more professional but it really depends upon your taste.
4)  Keep the print heads clean and aligned.

PS:  If you think you are going to print a good clear picture of Ober think again.  Noone has ever managed anything other than a blurry "running" shot of him.  Thus even the best of printers, software, paper, and maintenance is of no practical use in such a special case.

:D

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:54:29 AM »
i got 1-3 under control. Using PS CS2 and printing on quality epson paper; both luster and matte ;)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
Ooooohhh

and

Aaaaahhh

:thumbsup:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:33:14 PM »
btw knuck, do you have a thing for Ober? you seem to mention him in almost every single post...

lovers.

;)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 06:21:13 PM »
YUP!

Always had a fetish for walking talking tribbles on growth hormones.  Then along comes bigfoot.  Life has never really been the same since...

Right Benny??? :screwy:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:38:37 AM »
:p  Axon... I can't help his infatuation.  "I'M DEAD SEXY!"

I recently got a Canon all-in-one printer thingy... MP-830 and the photo quality is pretty damn good.  I also second the notion of using quality photo paper... seems to make the difference.  And you'll go through ink in a hurry.  Trust me.  You're probably best buying cartridges in bunches.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »
yea - good thing I work for an office supply store :p