Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 2016 times)

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
Transformers
« on: July 04, 2007, 03:20:28 AM »
went to see this this evening.

first, let me preface this by saying i had really shitty seats.  the movie was supposed to start at 1030 pm, but since i had class, we didn't make it to the theater between 930 to 940 pm.

we wound up seating on the second row from the screen, more towards the right side of the screen.

overall, its an entertaining movie.  some comedy, a lot of action, a lot of shit blowing up - fun for all.

however, there is A LOT going on, esp during the battle scenes, that you really don't know what to focus in on.  but a lot of this may be due to where we were seating.

now if you're going to a move for plot, character, etc, this probably isn't the movie for you.  however, if you're like me and you just wanna see the robots and really don't give a good god damned about acting, etc. then you'll enjoy it.

i am for giving it a 7/10
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »
>  but since i had class

Yes but uh

You went to see an hour and a half long toy commercial in the movie theater

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »
no, not that kind of class - have my capstone course on tuesday nights - that's what i meant by class.

hour and half long - you wish, try 2 and half hour.  and it was actually a GM commercial, all the latest GM models were there.

i was just pissed b/c bumblebee is a damned vw beetle, not an 08 camaro!  and why did they make soundwave a minion (same for scorpinoc)?

but they did leave it open for a sequel (depending on their revenue).
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 02:15:38 PM »
> no, not that kind of class - have my capstone course on tuesday nights - that's what i meant by class.

Haha, oh... well I'll just leave now

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 05:33:43 PM »
>>i was just pissed b/c bumblebee is a damned vw beetle, not an 08 camaro!
Wait.... I watched an HBO preview and they were all about the camaro!  How did a VW Beetle get in a GM movie?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »
I think DK means he was a bug in the original show

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 08:15:46 PM »
that's what i meaned.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 08:03:52 AM »
I saw it last night - was sitting near the back.  There was a lot going on on the screen at a time.  It was an interesting style, but things were tough to focus on.  Story was ok, they covered a lot, but far from the best ever.  The product placement was pretty bad...I now know that if I'm bad ass I should only buy panasonic SD cards.  However, it was a ton of fun to watch!  I had an absolute blast watching childhood robots kick each other's ass.  It was entertaining for the entire 2.5 hrs.

8.5/10

>>i was just pissed b/c bumblebee is a damned vw beetle, not an 08 camaro!

At least there was a beatle in the car dealership lot...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 08:55:09 AM »
The wife and I went with a couple friends yesterday to see it.  We sat in prime center center positions.  10/10 * 4.  We all loved it all the way through to the credits.  Fun movie for those who do remember the animated series (me) and those who have never seen it (them). 

Now.

I have this urge to take my newly purchased (couldn't resist the urge) Apple laptop to cancell the order for my Ford Mustang because they are "bad" cars.  At the same time I can order my GM product and while I am at it some De Walt merchandise.  I will take pictures for ES using my Panasonic (only) flash memory.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 09:59:40 AM »
I have this urge to take my newly purchased (couldn't resist the urge) Apple laptop to cancel the order for my Ford Mustang because they are "bad" cars.  At the same time I can order my GM product and while I am at it some De Walt merchandise.

so what your saying is that the subliminal advertising is just not that subliminal? LOL. Who would think that a movie based on a marketable children's toy would shill to such a level [/sarcasm] 

did you see Talladega Nights (the Ricky Bobby story)?  Not one of Will Ferrell's bests but the way they make fun of product placement in NASCAR is just hilarious.   He thanks baby Jesus for "Power-Aid" when he prays and, after putting a giant Fig Newton ad on the front windshield of his race car he says, "This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons."  My absolute favorite moment is towards the end of the movie, during a climatic moment an announcer says, "and now, lets take a quick commercial break" and there is a full 15 second commercial for Applebee's.  :rofl:

just thought I'd share.

Oh and, I'd still stick with the Mustang.  I never thought they were anything cool until I drove one as a rental car in LasVegas

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »
The Applebees thing was flat out sad.  Nasty food anyway.  Though I must say better than a P'zone.

I would rather have the Camaro.  There  are only about five in existance and they are probably worth around half a mil each.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 10:46:26 PM »
Just saw it and I loved it.  Can't say I noticed the product placement, mainly because I've learned to tune that out of movies :P

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 12:48:33 AM »
Watched it on DVD. 4.5/10

I'm sure that kind of movie is much better in theatres or with a decent home entertainment system, but the plot was poor, the action sequences were difficult to follow, the transformers were overly complicated, and there were too many shake your head scenes.

I enjoyed the humor and the acting :eek:.

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 11:50:32 PM »
did you see Talladega Nights (the Ricky Bobby story)?  Not one of Will Ferrell's bests but the way they make fun of product placement in NASCAR is just hilarious.   He thanks baby Jesus for "Power-Aid" when he prays and, after putting a giant Fig Newton ad on the front windshield of his race car he says, "This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons."  My absolute favorite moment is towards the end of the movie, during a climatic moment an announcer says, "and now, lets take a quick commercial break" and there is a full 15 second commercial for Applebee's.

LOL TN was great, have you seen Semi-Pro?