Author Topic: Kicking yourself for not fixing something simple sooner  (Read 618 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Kicking yourself for not fixing something simple sooner
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:19:13 PM »
Don't you hate it when you got something broken, you take a quick look at it, and then you put it aside because you think it is more work then you want to do at the time only to find out later that it was like a 5 minute fix?

For me it was (at least this latest time) my freakin lawn mower.  The last time I had went to use it, it started leaking gas from the fuel line before I even started it.  Took a quick look and saw that it had rotten and that I would have to take off the cover in order to get to the ends to take off the tube.  So I put it to the side and watched my lawn get overgrown and me getting more annoyed with it.  Today I decided to finally fix it and it turned out that taking the cover off was as simple as two screws.  The fuel line was a breeze to get off.  Kragen had fuel line of the same size that they could cut to length.  And since I only got about 6 inches worth and they charge by the foot they just gave it to me.  Put the new line on, replaced the cover, filled it up, primed it, and it fired right up.

God I wish I had done that sooner.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Kicking yourself for not fixing something simple sooner
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
lol.....
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Kicking yourself for not fixing something simple sooner
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »
i was trying to think of an example, and i actually have one from just yesterday. My LTR450 comes stock with three lights: Fuel injection, Neutral, and Fuel level. From the factory they were on this ugly plastic "blob" on the handlebars. I wanted to relocate them to the fender but i have been putting it off because i was afraid how hard it would be and of screwing up my fenders.

Well yesterday i sacked up and it only took maybe 10-15min.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?