Author Topic: AH HA HA HA HA.  (Read 13331 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: AH HA HA HA HA.
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »
It's not.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 10:57:40 AM »
This is a great thread to read that shows the polarized viewpoints of both sides.

http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/10854/189666.aspx

The one called morbiuswilters speaks much sense!

"The whole attitude being expressed here is precisely why Linux will never be mainstream.  The community is full of pathetic nerds who only see Linux as some kind of status symbol or rebellion and not as a practical tool.  At the very least, the "desktop Linux" crowd should have taken this opportunity to help the woman and demonstrate that Linux isn't that "scary" but it seems they would prefer to mock the poor woman for inadvertently using their product.  PROTIP: That is not how you build a successful competitor to Windows.  See, Microsoft got to where they are by throwing their efforts into helping regular people get their work done.  It seems that FOSS community (which almost never creates anything new and just emulates popular apps from other platforms) can't be bothered with actually producing and supporting a useful, practical product."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »
Its clear we won't agree, which is fine. Since this thread hasn't become the typical name calling we have had here lately I'm just going to smile and conceed :)
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »
>>name calling

Where?

edit...

Oh.

>>hasn't

Sorry. Misread it first time

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »
See, this thread is a model of restrained debate.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
Your all fucking wrong, you bunch of blind assholes. ftw wtf :robot:

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2009, 01:15:11 PM »
:rofl2:

Its just not the same as it was when ethic did it :(
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »
I don't think it's fair to call her an idiot in the sense that she couldn't work out Ubuntu, not knowing something doesn't equate to idiocy.  Am I an idiot because I don't speak French? No, bilingualism is a skill, just as using an operating system is a skill.

That she trusted the Dell helpdesk with such a major decision and wasn't firm about what she wanted, and in spite of knowing she couldn't get it working in the first place, knowing her programs weren't compatible and the course requirements, still decided to keep using Ubuntu - well that's rather silly isn't it?

She could have done any number of things here - bought a copy of Windows and installed it herself, or had someone else do it.  It's a bit rich to blame her dropping the course without even trying to fix the problem.

Some people aren't blessed with perspicacity. 

And opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one.