Author Topic: WOOT! New Mouse for Knuck  (Read 5304 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: WOOT! New Mouse for Knuck
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 01:59:33 PM »
Found the review.  Watch the video.

I disagree with the sloppy wheel comments.  I think the side to side and press-the-wheel buttons are fine and no different than that of the Revolution.  Even during gaming they are quick, precise and easy to use.

I have not used macros yet.  I don't have a use for them.  I set a quick one up to see how tough it was and it couldn't be any easier.  If I ever decide I want one I could set it up in just a couple seconds.

Some buttons are locked down and cannot be reassigned.  I think that is because they are linked to the circuit involving the DPI.  I have no issue with this at all.  Same with the Control Panel Mouse button.  Damned good idea!

I worked my way through updating a friends resume last night and had no tracking skipping issues at all.  He must have something going on with his system.  I found no validity to his comments here at all.  GREAT mouse for browsing and document modification.

The wheel was slippery to him too.  Maybe it isn't just me.

Despite any or all of the negatives I have encountered, it is still vastly superior to any mouse I have yet owned.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/03/11/review-microsoft-sidewinder-x8-gaming-mouse/

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 02:01:34 PM »
Can you find a pic of the mouse apart so i can see the wheel mech and surface? i wet sanded the 510
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 02:35:54 PM »
Can you find a pic of the mouse apart so i can see the wheel mech and surface? i wet sanded the 510

Probably not yet.  They just launched.  It is hard enough to get a review.

You don't.  Want.  Me to take it apart.  Right?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »
Why not? Your more then competent lol....

My 510 wasnt smooth enough for me, so i opened it and wetsanded the surfaces because the wheel scraped them just a hair.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
I will not be tearing apart a $60 mouse.  This is not a good idea.  I like the click and feel.  I just need more stickyness to the wheel surface material. 

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
ooohhhh i get what your saying now. And for the record its very hard to fuck up a mouse, and i know your capable of it :p

In your case you have to modify the wheel itsself. My first move would be to take your new and old mouse apart and see if you can swap the wheel or the rubber from one to the other.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
>>And for the record its very hard to fuck up a mouse, and i know your capable of it

:lol:

I know what you meant, but  :rofl:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
LOL omg i never even thought of it that way :rofl2:

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:09 PM »
Final review.  Hours of gaming, surfing, etc.  Well built.  Good mouse.  Needs more front to back length.  Back tends to be tippy.  Constantly tipping the front up.  I do not need my mouse to be doing wheelies.  Wish I could combine my two mice into one....

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »
Final review.  Hours of gaming, surfing, etc.  Well built.  Good mouse.  Needs more front to back length.  Back tends to be tippy.  Constantly tipping the front up.  I do not need my mouse to be doing wheelies.  Wish I could combine my two mice into one....

take the weight out of your old one, cut it in half (or leave whole up to you) and add it to the front of the new mouse with hot glue. You have to open the mouse but seriously, its easy.