Author Topic: SugarCRM  (Read 2547 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
SugarCRM
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:15:22 AM »
http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/

Anyone use it?  Anyone work at a company that uses it?  I'm talking to our VP of R&D about it today (his request) and I'm going to install it on my website and play around with it but I wanted input from you all in case anyone here has used it.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: SugarCRM
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
My company moved from salesforce to sugar about a year ago. We're a small company though so I don't know how well it would work for a larger one. One of sales guys suggested the switch since he though it was easier to use. We'd been evaluating it on a test box for a little while so we decided to give it a try.

We mostly use it for our sales guys although I've been meaning to play around with the 'cases' module for customer issues, like a ticket tracking system. It has a bugs module too but we don't use that.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
Well we're not exactly a "large company".  We have about 50 employees, of which about 5 are in sales.  Our VP used it at a previous company and I'm going to play around with it to see how it would fit in here.  Thanks for the input.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
In that case, I think you guys will probably find it beneficial. The only thing our CEO would like is an additional report that uses a different algorithm for calculating potential revenue. He disagrees with the way the default calculation.
I checked out the source and it looks pretty clean. I told him with a little bit of time, I could create the new report for him, but we're busy doing other stuff, so the CRM system gets no attention. We're overdue for updating it too, just haven't had the free time.

Another one to look at is vtiger but I haven't done much other than look at screenshots, they all look pretty much the same to me.

I'd say SugarCRM is the main choice of those that don't use Salesforce. Big community.
This signature intentionally left blank.