Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Getting a new phone

(1/3) > >>

ober:
So my iPhone 6 is acting up.  Battery life is all over the map, it no longer vibrates at all, and headphones work only in one ear half the time and the external speaker only works about half the time. 

So I was looking at new iPhones.  I went into it thinking I'd probably get the 8 but the X is only a few bucks more per month.  I did a lot of research last night on the comparison between the 2 and I think I'm ready to take the plunge on the iPhone X.  Unfortunately a lot of the articles I read were from last fall or early this year.

Does anyone know someone that has an X and if they're happy with it?

charlie:
I think I know someone who has an X and I think they're happy with it. But that's not terribly helpful.

Also, I would probably just spend the $30 to replace the battery on the old phone and save the cash.

ober:
The battery is actually the least of my concerns.  This phone is dying a slow painful death right now on multiple fronts.  Plus my wife gave me the green light and told me I never splurge on myself so ... fuck it.  I'm going for it.  And I'm not buying it outright... letting Verizon just add monthly payments to my bill.  So it's not that painful.

I did find a few threads on reddit and people seem to love it.  I just couldn't find any personal opinions that were legit.

ober:
I ordered it last night.  iPhone X should arrive Monday.  Case and wireless charger... hopefully Saturday.

micah:
Sweet! let us know how it is.  My wife has the 8+ and loves hers. She also has the apple watch which I think is gimicky but she really enjoys.

I forget, did you used to be an android guy who switched to Apple? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version