Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Smart people ruin everything

(1/3) > >>

micah:
I'm watching star trek and thinking about multiverses.  Then, being the brilliant philosopher that I am I thought to myself, if there are an infinite number of universes then surely there exists universes in which someone has found a way to communicate with other universes.  And since we haven't heard from them, its like Fermi's paradox and aliens.  Furthermore, since the number of those universes is also infinite, surely there exists one in which someone has found a way to destroy the multiverse.   Yet we exist, ergo, no multiverse.

I figured I'd publish a paper or something on this brilliant realization but thought I'd google it first to make sure I'm the only one to realize this ingenious point. Unfortunetly for me, there's like a million sites discussing this very thing:

https://www.quora.com/If-there-are-infinite-universes-doesnt-that-mean-that-in-one-of-them-theres-a-being-with-the-power-and-desire-to-destroy-the-multiverse-causing-a-paradox-since-were-still-here

and actual smart people are just like, STFU.

KnuckleBuckett:
Wow.  I did not see that post coming.

charlie:
I never understood (nor spent any time looking into) the idea of multiverses. It seems so bizarre and unlikely that I'm surprised people consider it a real possibility but maybe I'm just ignorant of the idea.

JaWiB:
Our universe cant communicate with the others because our simulation isnt networked

Perspective:

--- Quote from: JaWiB on November 05, 2018, 12:11:46 AM ---Our universe cant communicate with the others because our simulation isnt networked

--- End quote ---

I bet it's just a DNS issue...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version