Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

Gardening

(1/4) > >>

Jake:
Breaking this apart from our covid19 thread. My wife and I want to grow more veggies and be able to grow them year round. This year we started a bunch of seedlings and they are mostly growing very well. Today, I transplanted some sugar snap peas and cucumbers to water only. I am using a 5 foot long 4inch PVC pipe. I put in 3 gallons of water and mixed it with veggie plant food. I used 4 TBSP for the 3 gallons. I am excited to see what happens to it.

KnuckleBuckett:
That should be fun to see how things turn out.

Mike:
Interesting setup.  How do you refill it?  It'd be interesting to see the roots after the growing season.

Jake:

--- Quote from: Mike on March 30, 2020, 08:21:54 AM ---Interesting setup.  How do you refill it?  It'd be interesting to see the roots after the growing season.

--- End quote ---

This was a prototype - I was planning to fill it by lifting one of the plants - mainly the green onion. But I think in the next iteration (I have two more pieces) I will create a fill hole and a drain plug.

Mike:
Yeah, you're gonna need a separate access hole.  We did a vertical garden last year with 20 plants and here are some pictures of the roots that were left when I disassembled the thing: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1nSJyYr58W7suhU66

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version