Author Topic: Beginning to hate HP  (Read 2246 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Beginning to hate HP
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:00:06 AM »
We've got HP printers at work and I'm getting mighty upset with HP's software. I like the printers, they work nice and all but HP needs to revamp their software. Not only is excessively bloated but it's crap too. We just recently bought and all in one 6300 series device and after installing the software on my XP laptop, I couldn't use my system! Apparently, it installed some IEEE network driver that decided it didn't want to work on my system; instead it wanted to crash every 10 seconds.
Another one of the printers we have installed some Tomcat server and instead of being polite and selecting a strange port, it decided to use the default ports making it a pain for any software developer to run their own version of Tomcat. Well done there HP. Whatever happened to the days of a floppy disk with just the drivers on it? Am I getting too old or expecting too much nowdays that software actually work?

Enough venting. I'm going to refill my coffee.
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Beginning to hate HP
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »
I have had that issue with HP for years.

Nice printers.  Some of the best ever built in some cases.  However their software is brutal.  Constantly causing issues, arguments, and crapping other applications all to pieces.  I have pushed people towards other printing solutions for years.

The solution where I work switched from HP to Richoh and I have to say that they are categorically better quality units across the board.

What a shame.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Beginning to hate HP
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »
and takes wayyyy to long to install. hp rocks, but the software for the printers blows
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?