Author Topic: PSP... again  (Read 9425 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
PSP... again
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:46:28 PM »
i'm an idiot... i just bought another PSP... and its more fucked than the first two i had!!

background:
- I bought a shiny new PSP ... it had 3 dead pixels... :(
- I exchanged it for a new PSP, ... it had manufacturers damage to the LCD.. a little dot in the screen thats even more noticable than a dead pixel
- I returned that and got my money back... I decided not to have a PSP.

Well, that was about a week ago. After some thought i decided I needed a cool toy, especially because ill be traveling a lot in the next little while. So, i bought *another* PSP. This one has 3 dead pixels AND 3 damaged areas on the LCD. FUCK!! what a piss off. The worst part is that the future shop near my house was sold out so i had to go to another one farther away... now im gonna be an idiot again and exchange it for another one.... guess im just overly optimistic that ill end up with a good one.

ps: i keep going to future shop because they have that 30 return for any reason policy. If i bought from another store id really be rolling the dice.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
PSP... again
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 07:57:30 PM »
Wow, thats some tough luck Perspective.

When you finally get a good one, do you plan on making any modifications to it? (Ive seen a few articles on slashdot about it)

MadCow257

• Programming Slave
  • Jackass I
PSP... again
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:59:50 PM »
I would have just stuck with the one with 3 dead pixels.  Good luck with your next attempt though :)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
PSP... again
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 08:04:52 PM »
Quote from: MadCow257
I would have just stuck with the one with 3 dead pixels.  Good luck with your next attempt though :)

why is that? if I'm paying so much money, I want the damn thing to be perfect...everyone expects perfection out of me, why wouldn't I do the same? yeah!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

bman

• Jackass II
PSP... again
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 08:38:47 PM »
That sucks perspective. My friend has one he hasn't had any troubles with his, so maybe your store got a bad batch or something. Thank goodness for the return policy though.
Quote from:  axon

everyone expects perfection out of me, why wouldn't I do the same? yeah!

You are such a woman

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
PSP... again
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 08:42:24 PM »
Quote from: bman
You are such a woman

bitch, just because I'm in touch with my feminine side doesn't mean I'm a woman!

hehehe ;) :p

edit:: plus, progbman, you know you are my bitch...so go back to your cage.   :mad:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

MadCow257

• Programming Slave
  • Jackass I
PSP... again
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 08:55:56 PM »

why is that?

I would have never even noticed, much less cared.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
PSP... again
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 09:24:32 PM »
well, i went back and exchanged it. This time there was a kind, more intelligent employee working who actually opened up the box to check it the new one... DENTS .. so , he goes and gets another one. The second one was almost perfect except for some light denty type damage in the corner. I almost took it but i couldnt justify that much money on something thats damaged off the shelf.

In short. I have no PSP, i have my money back... and the body count is 5.

I might try again when they get a second shippment in.
/me is not impressed

jverkoey

• Jackass III
    • http://TheJeffFiles.com/
PSP... again
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 10:10:20 PM »
I've heard a lot of bad things about the PSP and honestly, even though my DS only has a couple of games, it's cheaper, and has a lot better history than the PSP's already racked up.  I really think Sony did a really bad job with the PSP....I don't see it lasting too much longer.
-Jeff Verkoeyen

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
PSP... again
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 10:41:28 PM »
what the hell is wrong with Sony that they cant ship PSPs that arnt fucked up?
i have a stationary fetish

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
PSP... again
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 11:03:46 PM »
Quote from: Farticus Senior
what the hell is wrong with Sony that they cant ship PSPs that arnt fucked up?

I wish i knew, the PSP is awsome in terms of its capabitlities.. hell, even the screens with the dead pixels looked amazing. I wish they could just get the damn things through the door without any crap!

jverkoey: There were reports of DSs shipping with dead pixels, though not as many and much less publicized. I think the PSP is here to stay, the unit is more powerfull, there are more games, and the movies they're releasing top it all off. Once UMD burners are available ill buy another PSP for sure if i dont have one by then.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
PSP... again
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 12:50:06 AM »
Quote from: Perspective
I wish i knew, the PSP is awsome in terms of its capabitlities.. hell, even the screens with the dead pixels looked amazing. I wish they could just get the damn things through the door without any crap!

jverkoey: There were reports of DSs shipping with dead pixels, though not as many and much less publicized. I think the PSP is here to stay, the unit is more powerfull, there are more games, and the movies they're releasing top it all off. Once UMD burners are available ill buy another PSP for sure if i dont have one by then.

i don't know if you know this but would you be able to create psp movies to play from dvds you own?

//edit: i guess the better question to ask is, do they still use dvd-roms or is it cartridge based now?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
PSP... again
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 11:12:06 AM »
>>i don't know if you know this but would you be able to create psp movies to play from dvds you own?

not really, the discs arent writable. The discs used are UMD's (a new sony technology). The are however releasing new movies on these UMD discs (spider man2, resident evil 2, once apon a time in mexico, etc...). So, you either have to buy the discs or fit whatever you can onto a Memory Stick Duo (tm).

>>//edit: i guess the better question to ask is, do they still use dvd-roms or is it cartridge based now?

as mentioned above, they use UMD discs and memory sticks.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
PSP... again
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 09:20:14 PM »
I got a DS, and there are no problems. Two of my friends had a single dead pixel on their touch screen and they were able to send theirs back and get one if perfect condition (actually, the other way around--they could keep their old DS as long as they sent it back in 30 days or something)

Master Bee

• Jackass I
PSP... again
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 04:46:37 AM »
Three dead pixels is nothing to worry about considering that the screen has somewhere around sixty five thousand pixels on it. Personally i did not buy a PSP because it is not worth the price, it costs a fortune. I can rent Spiderman 2 for a couple dollars, why should I pay hundreds of dollars to watch it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 12:44:35 PM by Master Bee »