Author Topic: Starcraft?  (Read 6786 times)

aran

• the capital of djibouti is djibouti
  • Jackass III
Starcraft?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 11:28:07 PM »
Bliz is supposed to pick up Starcraft II as a project within the next few years. should be interesting.

I trust they'll make the best RTS ever. I think that they should NOT add a new race. I think they should add subraces or subarmies of the current races that have special units and some bonuses. i think the three races in the current SC are so well done that adding a new one would cause some very destructive attempts at rebalancing.
this apparatus must be unearthed.

jverkoey

• Jackass III
    • http://TheJeffFiles.com/
Starcraft?
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2005, 12:40:56 PM »
I think SCII should be in 2D, just like the original StarCrafts.  The reason I think this is because going 3D just effectively limits the number of people who can play the game (and play it at a somewhat decent framerate).  Keeping the game 2D allows much more expandability with the game itself, allows it to run on everyone's computers (I still play StarCraft on my 266mhz computers and it runs really smooth).  I think 3D is a nice touch to RTS's, but when it's done just for the sake of having the game in 3D, it's annoying as hell.  Take Generals for example.  Easily the worst C&C game I've ever played.  I think mainly because they spent more time making a (crappy) 3D engine for the game that needs a powerhouse computer to run decently.

Meh, you know what would be cool?  If someone made a 2D RPG for the new next gen systems.  Imagine that, you'd have an RPG that you could have hundreds, and hundreds of hours of gameplay, easily.  People use too much space these days with 3D and modeling.
-Jeff Verkoeyen

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: Starcraft?
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 11:03:37 PM »
Bump.

Just got an invite to the Starcraft II beta, downloading patches now. Anyone else in?

yoshi

• I AM A COW
  • Jackass III
  • Thingy
Re: Starcraft?
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »
Sure, my battle.net id is my email.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:33:34 PM by Duwenbasden »
GO AWAY